jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wasn't sure if this would be the right place to post this, but I wanted to see if any MZ plugin developers are either working on, or already know of, a plugin to integrate Steam Greenworks into MZ--specifically for Steam achievements.

I was hoping Hudell's Greenworks plugin for MV would be compatible with MZ, but I haven't had any luck getting it to work: After correctly setting it up, it's unable to find the files it needs (even though the files are definitely where they need to be, I checked).

greenworks.png

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I ported the basics to MZ, just need to write the instructions for it:

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell Oof. No wonder I couldn't find your plugin! I forgot that you'd titled it the Cyclone Engine. :kaoswt2:

Oddly enough, even after setting this up, I'm getting the exact same error as in the screenshot above. I'm pretty sure I have all the files in the right spot. Am I missing something?

greenworks2.png

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Probably not using the right version of the greenworks files.

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably not using the right version of the greenworks files.

You are probably right. I tried downloading a different Steam SDK and didn't have any luck, and since I've long forgotten where to find the right Greenworks plugins (and would have no idea which one to download even if I did find them), I suppose I'll stop for now and wait until you've got some instructions written out. I'm in no hurry!

Sir_Titas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
how exactly did you set it up? I am still trying to set it up myself.

Sir_Titas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
ok I think I found the issue, I am going to build my own copy of GreenWorks using a different version of NWJS

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finally got it all working. And I think I was able to figure out the script command to activate achievements:

Code:
CycloneSteam.activateAchievement('achievementId');

Hopefully I'm all set now!

Sir_Titas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
new error when I run through steam

Code:
Cyclone-Steam.js:639 
Error: The specified procedure could not be found.
\\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Telnian Legends of the Universe\lib\greenworks-win64.node
    at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1242)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1020)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:920)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1060)
    at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:72)
    at Object. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Telnian Legends of the Universe\greenworks.js:15:18)
    at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1171)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1197)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1020)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:920)
register @ Cyclone-Steam.js:639

I used pipegui to upload to steam

-edit- never mind I am now getting it in the playtest as well
I really don't understand because it was working a few minutes ago and I have not changed anything.

when I am in the devtools log in steam it should give me Titanor Soulstone when I do $gameActors.actor(9).setName(CycloneSteam.screenName);
but it just gives me Play Test

Last edited:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That error usually means the greenworks files are not on the right version. I'll make some tool tomorrow to make this export operation easier in the future, along with writing the proper instructions for MZ.

Sir_Titas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
thanks, I will check back tomorrow afternoon then

Sir_Titas

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
which version of nwjs are you using because I upgraded both nwjs and greenworks to 0.49.2 and 86, but I am still getting the same error plus a new error

Greenworks failed to load. Make sure you copied all files from the Steamworks SDK to the right folders;

which folder do I put the greenworks files in the paths I have tried are
Telnian Legends of the Universe\greenworks
Telnian Legends of the Universe\greenworks\lib
Telnian Legends of the Universe\lib
Telnian Legends of the Universe\greenworks
Telnian Legends of the Universe\js\libs

edit: I have now tried just putting them in the base folder but that did not work either

edit 2: just a screen grabCapture.PNG

Last edited:

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell Wanted to pop in again and ask a question.

When playtesting through the RPGMaker software, if I use the code to activate an achievement, nothing happens (which is normal). However, when the game is deployed and the script to activate an achievement runs, the game instantly closes itself without leaving an opportunity to check the console.

Is this intended behavior? I haven't had the chance to check if it works after the game is properly uploaded and connected to Steam.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's weird.
You can try running the game through the windows terminal so that it can output the console even after the game is closed, to try to figure out what error is happening.

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know how to do that. :kaoswt2:

Either way I'll actually test it on Steam within a couple days and report back whether it crashes or not.

Edit: @Hudell Okay, so I tested activating an achievement on Steam. Just to be safe, I tried it both without and with an internet connection.

The game does *not* crash when it's uploaded on Steam and an achievement activates. It appears that the crash only happens when the game is deployed (as in not being play-tested through RPGMaker) and not connected to Steam.

Last edited:

CapLegHole

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hudell I am in RPG Maker MZ and have followed all of the steps of OrangeGreenworks along with the slight edits that have come with this thread. I am getting the attached error during testing and after compiling the game. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.
Screenshot 2021-01-02 001900.png

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
To get to that error all yours files are on the right place, so the problem is something else: Is steam open and do you have the game on your library?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!
Oh, I was just confirmed I'll be doing small online classes during june - july, on one side I'm nervous and looking forward it, on the other one: I've became the very thing I swore to destroy. :kaodes:
Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.
dEj6ha4.png

WIP :)
Added some cliffs / walls / roofs to the tilesheet and am currently working on roof objects to make them prettier and more variable. And of course, windows and doors that fit to the game's style.
I also adjusted the grass color but i have some issues with my display, so if it looks weird, please let me know :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yatsuzuka_Kou