Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the free Steam key with a purchase of MV from the web store a permanent thing? I thought it was only temporary and went away, but understand it came back (don't know when) - is it staying for good?

Is that just a thing with MV, or does it apply to the other game engines as well (specifically, older RPG Makers)?

Does it apply to any of the resource packs? If I have the standalone and Steam MV (which I do), and I buy a graphics pack from the forum store, can I use that key to add it to my Steam library, without having to get someone to do it manually?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I activated Steam key for MV in my pre-order 3 years after the purchase. So yes, it is staying,

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Is the free Steam key with a purchase of MV from the web store a permanent thing? I thought it was only temporary and went away, but understand it came back (don't know when) - is it staying for good?
Yes, I believe so. (I think it had to do with the fact that a Mac standalone was never released and so Mac users buying from this site would still be able to use it.)
Is that just a thing with MV, or does it apply to the other game engines as well (specifically, older RPG Makers)?
MV only.
Does it apply to any of the resource packs? If I have the standalone and Steam MV (which I do), and I buy a graphics pack from the forum store, can I use that key to add it to my Steam library, without having to get someone to do it manually?
No, it doesn't apply to resource packs. You ave to add them manually.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's what I thought. Thanks for the answers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flane