KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.
Straight to the point... I've just run into an issue with the Steam Management tool from RPGMV.
First of all, all of the items I've subscribed to appear in the list, but upon clicking "Load Project", the manager does nothing. And looking for these files in my computer, they are nowhere to be found.
Aso, my own projects do NOT appear on the list, and I don't seem to find a Save location folder option anywhere in the window.
I've tried revalidating the Steam files and reinstalling, but it does not work.
Anything I can do? Thanks in advance!
upload_2017-4-30_17-58-23.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
see status "unkown"? Those parts aren't even downloaded yet, that's why the editor does nothing on load project.

First check should be to clear the steam download cache - if that cache is damaged, steam cannot download anything, but doesn't give an error either when validating. The instructions for that are in the help section of the steam client (has nothing to do with your browser, needs to be done in the steam client)

Second option if that doesn't help would be to check if something went wrong with the windows folder access rights, but that is a bit more complex if you don't know it already.

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
RMMV
see status "unkown"? Those parts aren't even downloaded yet, that's why the editor does nothing on load project.

First check should be to clear the steam download cache - if that cache is damaged, steam cannot download anything, but doesn't give an error either when validating. The instructions for that are in the help section of the steam client (has nothing to do with your browser, needs to be done in the steam client)

Second option if that doesn't help would be to check if something went wrong with the windows folder access rights, but that is a bit more complex if you don't know it already.

I've tried that, and it finally seemed to download the stuff I'm subscribed to. But still, I cannot see *my own* projects listed in there.

There is supposedly a field to specify a save path (at least in the pic shown here, "E": http://i.imgur.com/ule8gHU.jpg) for the projects, but as shown in my screenshot above, that field is missing. If it was in earlier builds and taken away in later versions, it was a really bad idea IMO.

Abashi76

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
It doesn't even appear on my menu.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It doesn't even appear on my menu.
that is because it only appears on the steam version of the editor, not on the standalone version.
after all, you can't access steam workshop if you are not part of and connected to steam.

And if you're using RMXP like your profile says it will never be there because the feature was only introduced with VXA and later makers.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@Abashi76, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

7 years of trying to plan this project... and it got an official plotline today. 7 years. I really just have no concept of order huh GHJGSJHGVGHASFH.
Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

I'm not sure how to do this so I'll just ask here, Wheres a good place to post your game (for free) once its done?
I don't know what I'm doing :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunn-official