Steam MV launch issues

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
I recently went to start using MV through Steam and found it wouldn't launch. It would sort of just hang, half loaded, steam detecting it, but having to dig deep into Task Manager to find and kill the process. Okay, I thought, whatever. I'll just reinstall. No dice. I'll install the newest beta, then? Still no dice. I just went into the folder and noted there are absolutely NO NewData folders of any kind in my Steam RPG Maker MV folder. Is this maybe why it isn't working? Or is it some other issue? To me it's not the end of the world; I can use the standalone version. But this doesn't seem like a good thing to me. :\

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mine has been telling me the executable is missing a time or two before it loads up ultimately (sometimes I actually see a loading splash from steam itself) Maybe some ninja patching going on, other than that my project is fine. No missing data.. that I know of. I have been having problems with getting DLC to download on all my machines, but that is probably something on my end meow.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Recently I've had a problem with MV as well. It was stuck in an endless update loop, but never really downloaded necessary files. I solved it by reinstalling Steam and installing the game in a different directory.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Reinstalling Steam? Geez. Well. If I can't get anything else working, I may have to try that tomorrow. But it's definitely looking on my end to be missing files. Not awesome. =\

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you people are about to reinstall steam though, first create a backup of the already installed games you got, except MV, then you clean things up, then you reinstall. Tell me if this solves the case so I can pass the knowledge through the Steam forum.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, I didn't need to reinstall Steam for it (have more than one hard drive), but it looks like uninstalling and then reinstalling MV in a different location did the trick for me.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you. That will helpme in the future suoporting steam users better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A boss that spams confuse, blind, silence, oil and slow on all party members? Good idea FF12 *headdesk*
The script passed 200 pages and not even half of it is done! Super excited to write more!
Plague Inc. has released some virus in China. Judging by game experience we should go to Greenland. (And then Greenland shall somehow be infected.
Cheerleaders are my favorite thing on Czech hockey. Too bad they're the only thing worth watching on it.
meet with Quon,
the goddess of Rakuen (circle mascot)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vibanoco