Not open for further replies.

nathkyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have been trying for the last three days to fix RPG maker MV. I have uninstalled the Software ,uninstalled steam, restarted my computer numerous, times changed my language, cleared my cash have done everything backwards and forwards. verified my files checked my pathway everything should be working properly. but it will not start when I checked debug this is what it gives me. As a description of what's happening the program will say that it's starting up display the splash screen as normal then immediately cut out the green start button will appear again as if the program was closed by me.

My apologies if I seem a little upset like I said been trying to get this to work for the last couple days. the next step I'm going is to wipe out my computer and restart everything from scratch but I really would prefer not to do that. that's going to cost about hundred dollars for new hard drive and possibly an ssd.

[0115/034203:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034203:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034225:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034225:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034232:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034232:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034337:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034337:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034549:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/034549:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/035011:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/035011:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/040129:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/040130:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/044844:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/044844:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/045019:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/045019:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/045641:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/045641:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/051703:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/051703:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/052805:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()
[0115/052806:WARNING:resource_bundle.cc(286)] locale_file_path.empty()

This rarely has anything to do with hardware, it is almost always a problem with your background programs.

There is a very high probability that one of them is blocking RMMV from starting and you need to find out which one is responsible.
This could be your antivirus (RMMV has a tendency to produce false positives because it creates HTML5-games, and sometimes the antivirus can't see the difference between a local HTML access to local files and a web-access from a malware site to local files. The first is normal, the second usually a try to infect the computer), in which case there will be a logged entry about the action.
It could also be any other background program like parental restrictions, network access control and the like - in one case even a video capture program blocked VXA from starting (it was set to automaticall record let's plays from all steam games, interpreted Ace as one such game and then conflicted with the editor on record).

You need to find out which program causes the block and then either whitelist RMMV there or stop the background process depending on what is responsible
I've ended everything in the background the only thing I have left is Windows processes

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This rarely has anything to do with hardware, it is almost always a problem with your background programs.

There is a very high probability that one of them is blocking RMMV from starting and you need to find out which one is responsible.
This could be your antivirus (RMMV has a tendency to produce false positives because it creates HTML5-games, and sometimes the antivirus can't see the difference between a local HTML access to local files and a web-access from a malware site to local files. The first is normal, the second usually a try to infect the computer), in which case there will be a logged entry about the action.
It could also be any other background program like parental restrictions, network access control and the like - in one case even a video capture program blocked VXA from starting (it was set to automaticall record let's plays from all steam games, interpreted Ace as one such game and then conflicted with the editor on record).

You need to find out which program causes the block and then either whitelist RMMV there or stop the background process depending on what is responsible

nathkyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've ended everything in the background the only thing I have left is Windows processes

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please open the program folder through steam.
is there a file "locale" inside that folder?
If yes, please open it with a text editor, it should contain only two letters (for example en for english)
If not, create it with a text editor (the name is only locale, there is no extension, txt or anything else)

nathkyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
en
please open the program folder through steam.
is there a file "locale" inside that folder?
If yes, please open it with a text editor, it should contain only two letters (for example en for english)
If not, create it with a text editor (the name is only locale, there is no extension, txt or anything else)
yes it is en

nathkyo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found the problem it has to do with the wmi Repository I watched this video and it fixed it like a charm.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@nathkyo , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louxie