tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you tell me where I can find some document from RMMV who’s saying If I have steam version I can sell my games for commercial use? It’s important to have some law background so the best could be same terms of use by them. But the license by them in original site say absolute nothing about using RPGMaker Mv on steam for commercial use.

Kartoff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure the license remains the same as long as you've gotten RMMV legally and from an official source.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, but I need some law background, pdf whatever. In my opinion every game developer should have something like that.

Kartoff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe the license information is contained in the RMMV's Steam folder. It's in a file called "index.html" (in the "Help" folder) that links to an html containing important information such as the End User License Agreement.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should be in a folder like this:
SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/RPG%20Maker%20MV/Help/index.html

And the license information is towards the bottom.

It basically says the same thing as the web site. There's no difference in the licensing between the Steam version or straight from the web site.

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have version on mac and I cannot find this folder...

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In EUOLA is wrote, the only user who registered rpg maker by activation key is a licence user. If you didn't activate your your not license user, and you cannot use program for commercial use.

"1. The User shall perform a User Registration of the Software in the manner separately prescribed by the Company upon commencing usage of the Software, and following completion of User Registration, shall become a Licensed User (henceforth, “Licensed User”) of the Software.

2. The User shall agree in advance that the Company shall provide no support regarding the use, etc. of this Software to Users who have not completed the User Registration described in the previous Paragraph."

There is no information about Steam.

Last edited:

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apparently when you buy through Steam it's already registered to you:

tenac666

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, but i need some law background some pdf or screen where they are saying that. I can’t believe what will write on the forum. In my opinion every game developer should have this kind of docment. In eula the saying nothing about steam version.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you go into the Help while in RPG Maker down at the end is the End User License agreement. The Help File is what I linked to earlier. The license is the same whether you buy from the web site directly or from Steam or they'd show a different license on the Steam version. Steam is typically very good about directing you to the actual link if you need to agree to anything separate. I've typically only encountered that with some games where they use their own accounts which can usually be linked to Steam and if they use their own DRM and such. The dev tools I've gotten through Steam have tended to be a lot more straightforward. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol
"I want custom, more lively looking grass for my forest map."

"Just set overworld grass as outside grass."

--RM Wisdom--
Any thoughts on my hexagon map system?
Idk where this post would go, so how do you change the font of the choice selection window? I have a different font for the game so it looks a little odd could someone tell me where this would go on the forum?
RPG Maker MZ demo -project with some new features:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexyahoo