Steam Sale Deliberations: Cheapskate Edition

Discussion in 'Product Discussion and Support' started by Forscythe, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Forscythe

Forscythe Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey there, so I'm yet another person thinking about getting a RPGM version during the steam sale.

Me being me, who knows if I'll even manage to finish something, but I feel like its worth a try at cheap steam sale prices.

Using just the base assets seems far too limiting, but I don't expect to ever even attempt to make my own, and between my low expectations for myself and my veritably Scrooge-like fondness for hoarding my money, I'm really not inclined to purchase assets. This leads me to my question. Between VXAce and MV is there any clear advantage in terms of availability of free assets?

In particular, my idea is a medieval fantasy-ish setting with, art permitting, numerous different kinds of sentient species. The characters, their enemies, and their environs should give a "really, really struggling to get by, low-tier adventurer" feeling. I suspect that means I'll be more in need of character related assets than map related assets.

Anyhow any suggestions as to which version might be best in this case would be appreciated. Suggestions on resources that I might look into are also appreciated, as well as any general advice any kind souls would feel like sharing with a newbie.

Thanks for reading through another one of these "which is best?" posts. I found and read some on my own of course, but only found a general "well MV is new so probably go with that" sort of consensus. I figured asking a more specific question might be of some value.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Product Discussion and Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I think it is still the case that Ace has more free assets.