Steam Sale

Rog

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see that MV is now on sale for half price until the 14th. I've been thinking deeply every day about buying it. I have VX but it seems like MV is such a huge improvement over VX and the userbase has sort of migrated to it. Plugin makers I mean.

I'm seriously considering making the plunge but input is welcome! Do you think I should spend the cash and dive in or just go with the trusty ol' fashioned VX?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rog VX or VXA?

Compared to VX it has all the improvements of VXA (which were alreaddy massive) on top of the improvements of MV over VXA.

On the eventing level, MV and VXA are almost absolutely identical (only minor improvements like 6 instead of 4 options in show choices)

on the mapping level, MV gets a second upper level (which helps a lot for better looking maps)

Main improvements are below the eventing, on the script level, as the switch to javascript (while making all Ace-Scripts incompatible) allowed deployment to non-windows devices, and the Ace-limit of 640x480 screen size got removed.

I've moved this thread to Program Discussions. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd say go for MV..

After spending over 2000 hours in the engine, I have to say that even though I may have a few complaints here and there, overall, I am satisfied with it. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negajo