ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone, i wonder what happened to those new Steam SDK that sometime, it make Achievement Implement script in MV unworking anymore? What causing that? Was it because there were old methods had been removed/ renamed?
Or it is because something else? I am trying to make Steam Achievement script to work with newest Steam SDK but i don't know where to start. Thank you

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

In order to use the steam API and features with javascript you must Greenworks.js. Unfortunately, there's no support for Greenworks.js for any versions of the Steam SDK over version 1.42. I would suggest rolling back to SDK 1.42, or else you will never know when the game may crash, or the features may not work properly.

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks MushroomCake, what i really want to know is, why it is like that? What different between those steam SDK that make newest version won't work with Greenworks.js anymore? I think it's probably something simple as methods use in Steam SDK has been restructured, if it's just that someone who has better knowledge about this can explain more about the cause, we can fix the script to make it work with newest SDK version

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's because Greenworks.js isn't an official plugin created by Valve but rather a plugin made by a third party who hasn't updated his code in a while. If you want to know why nobody updated it, it's because we, programmers, hate reading other people's code, and it's even worse if it's to update it (I can deal with a commission that has to be compatible with a certain plugin, but I will certainly not update someone else's code). If you want to fix the issue, you'll have to read the Greenworks.js code, read the Steam API's code, check the changes between versions, and update Greenworks.js. Good luck with that, it's too much trouble and I haven't seen someone update the plugin to be honest.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.
Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingxjosh01