Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score

summer-sale-fr_zps3ezywuuh.png

It's that time of year again!

Steam's annual summer sale is back in action, and RPG Maker is taking part. From RPG Maker engines to DLC, we've got a plethora of great discounts for you.

Save 45% on MV, 75% on RMXP or 86% on VX-Ace. Or jump straight into DLC and save 40-60% on most of our packs.

If you've got a Steam wishlist going, now's the time to get some awesome goodies!

And while we're at it, let's hear about which pack(s) you recommend and why.

We'll choose a few lucky answers and gift the participant with a goodie or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Recommendations:

• RMXP! Even if you're planning to never use it, RMXP offers a vast collection of resources.
  • DS(+) series. Super cute resources that have been heavily supported by Restaff (and Member+ in the past).

@Jackus ♪ I can access it now, though it's incredibly slow.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm glad my wallet is empty in steam and I froze my account so I can't grab stuff from it until next month. Don't want to get broke D:

Little Paw

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't get any store pages to load yet lol

Unfortunately, most of the stuff I was looking forward to getting a good discount either isn't on sale at all or is only like 20% off :( (I don't mean RPG Maker stuff, just games in general)

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i cant believe how big the sale is for older makers. 86% On VXAce??? Now's the time.

Also, speaking of VXAce, my recommendation goes out to that. Many many resources and scripts are available, huge selection of music made

by others. It's a very nice maker. (alright im not good at giving out recommendations)

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
that feeling when you want to buy all the new music packs and none are on steam sale  ;_;

edit: lots of items are showing up as not on sale and arent even showing owned dlc.

i think steam is freaking out since so many people want juicy sales

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I look forward to the Steam sales for all the yummy yummy resource packs <3

RishigangiX

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Now is high time to get VXAce for those who haven't already (me included).

True, I might not be touching the engine since I am all tied up with my MV projects, but the resources are worth it. ;)

Marston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Well, time to buy the Season Pass. Give me those glorious RM2K Face- and Charsets. 

XPKobold

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Recommendations: RPG Maker 2000/2003 Basically while finally legal it's one of the oldest retro rpg makers that good for beginners and a good start to really get creative with the defaults especially a good starter point for the shift+click mapping technique. As well as practice with using events without scripting. Though one major current problem is the finding safe resources to use for it. which really need to be addressed. However both are interchangeable and can be use in either maker. 

For resource packs I would go with the time fantasy/monsters resource pack since while made for vxace there is a exclusive of the pack formatted to use inn rpg maker 2003. Which so far is the only one that you can use safely used.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Recommendations:

DS/DS+: These tiles are adorable, have a very pleasant color palette, and after collecting all the sets and the Restaff/M+ add-ons; there is tons of material. 

Pop! Horror: I really love the retro aesthetic and city options found in these resources. These are perfect for anything a little bit spooky or urban, especially if you're a fan of pixel art.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Reccommended Packs:

Samurai Packs (both the music and the graphics packs): Very good packs to develop Feudal Japan inspired RPGs.

Fantastic Buildings - Medieval: Really awesome pack to give a medieval themed game a graphical boost. Really nice design.

Luna Engine: While it is a pain to set up at first, it makes UI design indeed easier. You can do some snazzy menus if you devote enough time.

GeorgeTheUnseen

Dunk my Soul
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes! All hail our lord and savior, Gaben!

All+hail+our+lord+and+saviour+gaben_82225c_4317886.png

Resource Recommendations:

DS/DS+: Others above me already stated my feelings, The art style is super cute and the music it comes with is also nice too.

Pixel Myth: Germania: It doesn't offer a lot but I feel what it does offer is pretty nice. Kinda has a gritty feel to it in a way and I love it.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Pixel Myth: Germania: It doesn't offer a lot but I feel what it does offer is pretty nice. Kinda has a gritty feel to it in a way and I love it.

About that.. not ready but a preview maybe ;x

MAP006 Marey Startgebiet.png

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Recommended:

Samurai Pack.

Anything PV Games. (Sadly I already own them all...ah, Glorious steam)

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when you don't have the money.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

No edits, just gameplay from one area to the next. Plus all my new shiny interface stuff... And I even remember to bolt down the portal so it won't escape this time. :kaopride:
You guys just freely offer up your Autonomy?
I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :(
so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
W7Fhp9n.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avigayil