Steam Summer Sale!

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Jun 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. deilin

deilin Ranger/Elementalist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Steam is crashing like crazy. I can't even open the store.

Recommendations:

VX Ace

PV packs (High Fantasy packs)

Frontier Packs (Heros, Sci-fi, dark heros)

Samurai (even though for VX, works in VX ace)

Season Pass

2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    just when I dont have time and motivation to open steam... Yay, my wallet is safe. XD

3. JackCL

JackCL Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    I recommend POP! Horror City Pack to create games in a modern urban setting.

You can also get additional POP!HC characters packs if you use RPG Maker MV (unfortunately for many months, publishers are not able to make a steam-version these packs for the VX ACE, which is certainly a shame).

I think the music packs Karugamo Fantasy BGM very good, but unfortunately, the discount is small, and, again, there is no version to VX ACE.

And, as is quite obvious lately, the publishers deliberately go down the road of destruction development games on VX ACE not supplying new packs in Steam for him (or making it to the unwarranted delay of many months), so if you are going to use the new content, I recommend to buy and RPG Maker MV although, in my opinion, it is quite useless now, but the current low price can reconcile with this.

4. Soulnet

Soulnet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Only on steam the sale? Can't buy via website? I thought there was a thread about the benefits of buying direct (you get a steam key + standalone)?

Karugamo fantasy packs for me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  5. JackCL

JackCL Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian

Well, we are talking about a steam summer sale and I'm definitely disappointed that there is does not have packs what I would buy.

If you want compare benefits:

- via website - POP! Chars packs have 8 dog sprites (very silly to sell the animals needed for the games only in one place, but the adequacy of such a step should be to discuss issues among themselves the author and publisher of the pack);

- via steam - regional prices and summer sale shopping in 4 (!) times cheaper then via site;  no one set of dogs can not be compared with such a discount.

So I recommended everyone to buy through steam sales.

6. Soulnet

Soulnet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I know it's cheaper (obviously)... it's just seeing if they will do the same prices here.

7. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Anyway, Arabian nights could have abit more content.

8. BCj

BCj Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'd recommend the Pop Horror! Style because I just really like Vexed's pixel artwork. It's amazing to make a modern-style urban setting with too, doesn't even have to be horror-ish  :D  like for example a detective-style game.

JackCL likes this.
  9. padr81

padr81 Guy whose game is taking too long. Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    2 days after I buy all the PV resources.  Thems the breaks I guess.  Might go for the pop Horror packs for something different.

10. TheWardog

TheWardog Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    So.. I went on a Summer Sale shopping spree to grab some resources (only spent about 30 bucks) but I'm having trouble accessing a content. As a Mac user for RPG Maker MV is there any way I can access the folders for previous RPG Maker Resources?

Kinda sucks to purchase something and be denied access.

11. Zak

Zak Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    C'mon guys, let's do a Degica Summer Sale as well :/ missed the last sale and still yearn for a non-steam MV-version.

12. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I can't recommend Pop! Horror City enough as a DLC pack. It's absolutely great for retro looking pixel graphics, with a modern (but retro modern) look.

I love the Ancient Dungeons Base pack and Pixel Myth pack as both are absolutely beautiful.

13. Nirwanda

Nirwanda Procrastimancer Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yay for sales! I'm not really planning on buying anything because poor. But it's pretty cool nonetheless.

About recommended packs, the DS/DS+ tiles are almost a must buy and by far the best and most complete pack there is for rpgmaker. I've also used Modern Fantasy and Ancient Dungeons to great results. While being slightly limited, they look gorgeous and offer enough variety for a small game.

14. wintyrbarnes

wintyrbarnes Jack of a Few Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hm... this may be my time to finally grab the DS/+ packs... All three of them for $30 is MORE than half off their usual price... f' it, I'm going for it. :)  

Sad to note that Fantastic Buildings - Modern isn't on Steam (yet?). I really hoped I could pick it up this round, but I'll gladly pay full price or wait for another sale. All the resources I've bought have been phenomenal and totally worth the cost or the wait, so I don't really mind. 

15. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Well..  Forest of the Necromancer Soundscapes

those 15 min sounds make crash MV every time.
    It might be different for Ace, but usually you can use sounds in both programms, so I think this little fact should be mentioned there.

It's ok, I've cut the audio file to make it last only 3 mins..

But even for the reduced price of 3,99 € this is pretty annoying..

16. Khayalan

Khayalan Mapping-Guru Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Is there any list of resources available for the DS Resource packs?

17. Starmage

Starmage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    FIlipino
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yay!! I bought RMVX ace and the DS resources pack because of this!! xDD :D  

18. KayZaman

KayZaman Brother-Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English & Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bought!

19. Athryl

Athryl The Reticent Veteran

First Language:
    English
    After life being in the way for a while I was finally able to pick up MV on this sale and am super excited. It was actually my husband's idea and we're going to work on something together  :D

As for recommendations the Old School Modern pack always has my heart. I love the simple style, it reminds me so much of one of my favorites: Earthbound. And I'm er... a bit artistically challenged and it's one of the few sets I feel I can edit myself without screwing it up too badly. Hope to see more like it in the future (maybe for MV).

20. DeviTheHuman

DeviTheHuman (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wanted to get Classical Adventure and Madness by JDB, but I don't see them on Steam. Have they been omitted or are they under a different maker?