RMMZ
Hello everyone! We have some very exciting news to share to you today!​
We finally released RPG Maker VXAce's Steam Cards!​
 ​
ZZA2Ojv.png
 ​
 ​
What are Steam Trading Cards?
Steam Trading Cards are collectible cards you get by playing games on Steam. Collect a set of cards to earn items that help you customize your profile and show off your Badges. Such items include emoticons and profile backgrounds.

​
lvg0HBZ.png
 ​
What's a Badge?
A badge is an icon on your profile (and tied to your account) that represents the trading card sets you've collected or your participation in an event.

lvg0HBZ.png
 ​
How do I get them?
You can get them simply using RPG Maker VXAce in Steam! As you play, you'll occasionally receive trading card drops which will be placed in your Steam Inventory. You can only get 3 out of 5 cards. If you want to complete your collection, you will have to trade with other people or buy them in the Steam Market!

There is a small chance whenever you get a Trading Card from playing a game that it will have a special foil border. You'll need to collect a set of foil cards in order to craft them into a foil badge. There is no extra benefit to having foil cards or foil badges aside from their rarity.

For Badges, go to your Profile page, click on the "Badges" link near the top of the right column or select "Badges" from your persona name drop down in the Steam menu. From your Badges page, the "Badges in Progress" tab will show which badges are ready to be crafted. Select a ready to craft badge to view its details and click on the blue "Craft a Badge" button.

In addition to getting the Game Badge itself, you'll get:

• a random emoticon item created for this game, that can use in chat or discussions;
  • a random profile background item created for this game, that can use on your Steam Community profile
  • a chance to get a discount coupon for a different game or DLC
  • 100XP, which may increase your Steam Level
If your Steam Level increases, the limit on the size of your friends list will be increased by five, and potentially you'll unlock the ability to customize your profile with showcases.

If you gather another complete set of trading cards for the same game you can upgrade that game badge. You can craft a set for the same game at most five times. Each time you upgrade the game badge you'll get an extra 100XP, as well as upgrading the image and title of the badge.

There's 5 badges you can acquire through normal means, and a special badge for completing a foil set!

Can you catch them all?

VXzB3Nf.png
 ​

lvg0HBZ.png

But I don't have RMVXA on Steam!

Refer to this!

lvg0HBZ.png

Will it break my projects?

Nope. I use offline and steam RMVXA programs and never had a problem.

lvg0HBZ.png

We hope you guys have fun collecting them!​

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is something I've been working and researching for 3 months. I'd be so happy if someone could get the references!

I only know of one person who managed to complete the set so far! *looks at Fomar <_<;*

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
I...I have to do this.

/off to steam~

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look like this forums is expecting to a ton of trade topic opening up in the upcoming days.

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I imagine I'm going to get these cards by the end of the day, I use vxace on steam. :p

EvilEagles

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
Other
I HAVE TWO SPARE YLVAS LOOKING TO TRADE FOR A PIETA PLZ CONTACT ME

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm also trading my Terrarria/Outlast/Skullgirls Cards for some RM steam cards or a copy of Don't Starve if you still don't have that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have 4/5  :D . Awesome work on them, saving up to get my last one!

Meridianbot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
*Foil-Challenge excepted*

I got already 2 Cards and i have too say the graphics stunningly beautiful.

One thing i have too criticize, that their is only one "Useful-Card". The "Unlimited Item Works"-card gives Information in Form of a Link to a good Tutorial.  The unofficial Guide from Kelsper could have been on another.

Nevertheless i think you are the only one with useful Trading-Cards on Steam. Good Job well done.

regards 

Bot

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would've made more Blooper Cards but it would make crafting badges a living hell. A-and I like character cards, gomen. <:3c

I heard rumors we might get a Set feature from Steam but I don't know yet ;w;

Blade

Slicing~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I'll have the level 5 badge of this friday.

*Maniacal laughter*

Jaymonius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
All that happiness, the crafting thing i got was Zack/Brian, I am smiling like a little kid right now. :D

MasterLagger

Odder than Odd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found 3 these cards on my Steam account late yesterday. Kind of fun to read and look at. But, what are the purposes of badges? Other than them showing up on one's account?

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The blooper ones are adorable. I laughed my ass off when I saw their big pictures & descriptions. :D

Napoleon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Might be better to sell these cards and trade them back (later). They are worth like 0.37$ each compared to 0.05-0.10$ normally.

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Said this on my twitter earlier but I honestly don't get/understand this whole Steam thing. That said this whole thing has me intrigued. 

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Gah, I still wish I have that email that I purchased ace with ;.;

either way, I can still look at them from here, I really like the art used on them :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_7_1_2022_11_41_55.png
When the Panic gauge is full, Mike will turn into Omar in a state of actual panic. his move list changes and until the meter depletes completely, he'll be able make use of this alter ego.
So unbelievably excited for IGMC this year! First public game was for the original one and I'm just so pumped!!
Sometimes I am amazed at how relentless spam bots are. I would clear the que and then see 800~5k more depending on their mood.
Work on UD is already so delayed but I gotta drop everything so that I have something ready for IGMC!
Messed up the chains... :kaoback:
Sw7U8dA.jpg

Character: Jeanne D'Arc from Fate/Apocrypha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qixxi