Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello, I bought RPG Maker with the latest humble weekly bundle.
Now I was installing it, and having a quick look at the license I see this

B. License ENTERBRAIN grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-assignable license to use the Software on only one (1) computer by installing the Software, and Licensee cannot use the Software concurrently by and on multiple computers.
So, it's on Steam, but I can't install it on more than 1 computer?!
Seriously, is it like it seems?

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yep, you read it in the EULA, it's true. However you can always put in requests with your bill of sale to transfer it to a new computer. at the cost of the old one being deactivated.

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Then what's the point of the Steam integration?

This is not nice, not nice at all.

I use Steam to bring my software with me like my email...

Guess I'll have to buy some extra keys.

What happens if I get extra keys for more PCs, can i still use my DLCs or do I have to buy them again?

This is quite crazy, actually.

Galenmereth

Semi-retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It says concurrently; you can install it on multiple PC's, but not have them running at the same time.

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It says concurrently; you can install it on multiple PC's, but not have them running at the same time.
It also says "concurrently", with an "and".

It may be that it's just oddly worded.

I mean, any of you guys here has the Steam version on multiple PCs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Do you really expect a more honest answer than "I plead the fifth" until the specific legal query is clarified? ;)

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Then what's the point of the Steam integration?

This is not nice, not nice at all.

I use Steam to bring my software with me like my email...

Guess I'll have to buy some extra keys.

What happens if I get extra keys for more PCs, can i still use my DLCs or do I have to buy them again?

This is quite crazy, actually.
the point of steam is steam is easier implementation of DLC and access to steam works.

C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

Resident Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@RyokuHasu I don't think that's the entire point of Steam. It'd be nice if it had cloud integration as well, and I certainly don't see why it's unfair to ask.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@RyokuHasu I don't think that's the entire point of Steam. It'd be nice if it had cloud integration as well, and I certainly don't see why it's unfair to ask.
Shush, let me live in my fantasy world where things are unfair, and one sided. lol

abluescarab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure if OP has gotten their answer yet, so I'll just say this:

I installed Ace on my desktop and laptop and while I obviously can't run them at the same time, they both work fine. So the Steam version can be installed on multiple computers and work fine on all of them.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@abluescarab

Nathaniel has given the official answer a couple of posts above yours.  He said

It's fine to have Ace on multiple computers. As long as you're the only user using it on the one license... 
So, no problem.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@abluescarab

Nathaniel has given the official answer a couple of posts above yours.  He said

So, no problem.
... yes, No problems As long as no one is using the program other than yourself.

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I sent up a request clarifying this ages ago - yes, the license is worded so it's both a per-seat and per-user license (worst of both worlds), but EB has come down saying they aren't going to lose sleep over anyone having it installed on their desktop and laptop so long as only one person is using them both.

I only have that as relayed by staff, not an officially notarized paper copy, but it's here on the forums somewhere.

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ok, thanks everybody.

@Mouser

Do you have a link to the relevant topic?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nathanial has officially stated in this thread that it is okay to install on multiple PCs, as long as you are the sole person using it.

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ok hear me out here: if the only way my brain can describe things is like with colors is this normal? Like I've described a smell as "dark green and fuzzy" and a taste as "dark blue" like is this a normal thing that happens to people or am I just going insane?? o.0
I'm sitting here, programming, when suddenly, in the distance, I hear a deep booming shout, "Dovahkiin". In an instant, my mind and body is pulling me away, my fingers twitch and notepad++, almost by itself, turns off. The Steam starts to rise and a big green play button appers and I am teleported to Skyrim, because, I am, the Dragonborn! 200 hours played last three weeks, omg o_O
Shora Lighting Plugin version 1.5 are out! Wanna add more features to it, but just fixing the bugs is already a pain :kaocry: .

スクリーンショット 2022-01-19 002122.png
I wonder how one goes about picking a good font for a game. I find the default kinda lacking, but you gotta pick a font that's legible ya know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HenryP