Steam version of MV crashes randomly. (Edit: Stand-alone version also crashes!)

levolden

Hobbyist fella.
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got a new computer (windows 10) some six months ago, and downloaded the Steam version of MV to it.
Sadly it doesn't seem to run properly, as it now crashes randomly. (on my old windows 7 laptop it worked perfectly!)

I have seen other people with a similar problem, but nobody has provided a solution that works.
The error seems to be with Qt5WebEngineCore.dll (Full error report below).

I have given the program all permissions I know of and updated my screen driver and windows software with all the latest updates.
I have tried running it in different compatibility modes but nothing works. The error seems to happen at random, but most often when I open the database to access files. If I do nothing at all, it seems to run just fine so the error is definitely caused by my actions interfering with something. I am near the end of my wits, and really hope somebody here can help me solve this problem.

EDIT: I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the problem also persists on a new game so the problem is not my game in and of itself.

Here's my error rapport (in Norwegian, I'm sorry), and below it are my computer specs.

Error Rapport
Programnavn med feil: RPGMV.exe, versjon: 1.6.2.0, tidsangivelse: 0x5c4a8ced
Modulnavn med feil: Qt5WebEngineCore.dll, versjon: 5.4.2.0, tidsangivelse: 0x556a907f
Unntakskode: 0x80000003
Feilforskyvning: 0x00757bb0
Feil prosess-ID: 0x3b8c
Feil starttid for program: 0x01d651ebfca9183b
Feil programbane: C:\steam\steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\RPGMV.exe
Feil modulbane: C:\steam\steamapps\common\RPG Maker MV\Qt5WebEngineCore.dll
Rapport-ID: 0fc286e9-1da2-4393-8d25-4b1b34ef40c7
Fullstendig navn på feilpakke:
Relativ program-ID for feilpakke:

Information about computer:
Produsent: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Modell: GF75 Thin 9SC

Prosessorinformasjon:
CPU-leverandør: GenuineIntel
CPU-merke: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Prosessorfamilie: 0x6
Prosessormodell: 0x9e
Prosessorrevisjon: 0xd
Prosessortype: 0x0
Hastighet: 2592 MHz
12 logiske prosessorer
6 fysiske prosessorer

Operativsystem-versjon:
Windows 10 (64-biters)

Screen card
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
DirectX-drivernavn: nvldumd.dll

Last edited:

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
If I remember, I use to have this problem and it was because I had steamcloud enabled for it or something like that. Try disabling steamcloud for it and let us know.

Edit: Also disable steam overlay for it.

levolden

Hobbyist fella.
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember, I use to have this problem and it was because I had steamcloud enabled for it or something like that. Try disabling steamcloud for it and let us know.

Edit: Also disable steam overlay for it.
I have done as you asked on both accounts, and the problem persists. I have also tried running the game with my internet disabled in case there was a windows cloud interfering, but it didn't help. But thank you for your suggestion regardless!

Geovid

Geodessia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Sorry, I see you made a new game and it still crashed so my below suggestion won't help you. (I don't know how to delete this XD)

Does your project need to be updated?
I think sometimes RMMV will update but your project files will be old and it can cause bugs (not sure about crashes but could be worth a shot?)

This thread tells you how to update.

Last edited:

levolden

Hobbyist fella.
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please note!
I attempted to download the stand-alone version from this site, and it still crashes just the same so the problem is NOT with Steam.

EDIT: Sorry, I see you made a new game and it still crashed so my below suggestion won't help you. (I don't know how to delete this XD)

Does your project need to be updated?
I think sometimes RMMV will update but your project files will be old and it can cause bugs (not sure about crashes but could be worth a shot?)

This thread tells you how to update.
But thanks for trying!

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I looked up the QT5 bug report page and I think the bug might caused by Visual Studio, maybe you can try to download visual studio (I suggest the 2013 and moved up form there). If you already have it install, maybe tried to update it.
One person also suggested that it could be conflicting software that caused the problem. you can check Windows Error Reporting to see which could cause the problem. The person suggests the most common case have to do with the Microsoft store
Sorry if this isn't helpful, this seem to be a pretty rare bug, not that much people with MV have encountered it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I think is french enough.
Yanfly told me the new earth all animations in MZ look a bit like summoning potatoes and now I can't unsee it. halp
Despite time and all the other things I am working on, I decided that I am going to start a Fire Emblem-like project. Follow your dreams! I'll just have to balance hours efficiently. I'm also not making this as complex as my Might and Magic inspired project, so it will be a much easier project to work on.
So I've taken to doing a test of the game, and making a list of everything I think of during the test to add/fix. Over the course of the night I check them off as I do them, and by the end of the night I always feel like I've accomplished something. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
layer6ai