Steampunk Town Tiles

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
We've got an exciting new tile pack for you today!

Steampunk Town Tiles is a brand new pack by Sherman3D, the creator of Steampunk Tiles MV. From gears and pipes to towering gable roofs and pillars, this sets includes the basics you'll need to create the streets and alleys of a Victorian-inspired steampunk city.

Click here for more information.

Over on the Steam side, we've released a couple of old favorites last week that might have flown under the radar:

And we also have the Heroine pack available for Steam!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What a wonderful surprise! I was in the market for more MV Steampunk resources. I'm a very happy bunny right now. ^.^

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was not satisfied with the Steam version of the Steampunk MV tiles. They could only be really used to make the example screenshots. I attempted to ask for a refund, but because I've used MV pretty much every day since it was released Steam wouldn't give me the refund.
So I probably will not be purchasing this pack.

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sherman3d has a really unique graphical style that dont really fit in with any of my projects. its quality though.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Though it looks fascinating, and i have a plan to design a steampunk city, i don't think i will spend another $10 to buy this. A lesson learned from the Steampunk Tiles MV on Steam already.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For what is offered, I don't believe it's worth the price. There are some interesting pieces there and yes it's a nice character bust, but there aren't many screens describing what it is you're actually getting.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@OmnislashXX The screens show exactly what you do get. There really isn't much in this pack. Apart from Verne (no bust for him, just sprites) you get: one stone floor autotile, four white stone walls for buildings (along with three roof tiles), another stone wall with matching cobbled ceiling\floor tiles, two sets of stairs; the various roofs, towers and windows you see in the screenshots, a small wagon with a machine attached to the rear, some flags, static doors, barrels, machines and a clock. There's probably one or two things I've missed from that list, but I hope it gives you a rough idea of what to expect.

I mainly got it for the machine pieces.

Last edited:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks @thestranger. I just also think the price is pretty high.

MobileSuitSonic

Mod Magnet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might help since my project has an early-20th Century feel to it.

DeerHunter

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I have difficulties with payment, can you upload this pack to steam? I can't find it on steam.

Stareagleman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish, 2 Eng
Primarily Uses
N/A
i bought the tileset, and i am so unsatisfied.. just about most B Tileset almost all of it became useless just there look pic below for it.. on c... shadows on lamps and other part without lamps without shadows.. seriously night gameplay not possible unless you make modifications on your own meaning you need some skills or an artist for that... seriously it looks great and all on pictures but ing content unless you can modify don't bother buying it.. pic below here

And no idc if they get annoyed by me sharing this pic.. i am beyond annoyed at this point 3 different steam styled packs.. steampunk mv and this one was so bad in terms of content quantity x quality its not even funny.. Modern shop addon and modern day tiles had tens times more to offer this.. unless i have an artist that can alter and change the stuff i can't use it.. GG

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Steampunk Tiles MV and Steampunk Town Tiles were both created by Sherman3D. If you were dissatisfied by his first one I'm surprised you bought a second by him. Sorry about the disappointment. His tiles aren't for me either but some people have really enjoyed them. I guess it depends on how you want to be able to use the tiles? *shrugs*

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And honestly, shadows aren't an issue for night. I don't know where you live, but where I live there are still some shadows at night, as night =/= pitch dark, especially for a town. Give it the default night tint and odds are it will be just about right.

Stareagleman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish, 2 Eng
Primarily Uses
N/A
well, i can't remove the darkness under it.. and sure its not issue for night but day id like to keep it none shadow if possible.. but but i digress good artists can use these tilesets most of the time without problems lel^^ just wish there was more of them..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadMansWonderland