Steamworks IRC code question (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by MushroomCake28, Jun 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The IRC code is one the necessary information to provide when signing up with Steam. From what I read, it's a code for international money wiring. The thing is, I called my banker and he said that we don't have IRC code in Canada for simple payments between the US and Canada? Then what should I write in the steam application? (it's a required field...)

Little update: So I'm from Canada and my business bank (the one I'm trying to register with Steam) is the Scotiabank. But I read on the TD bank website: "Please note that TD Canada Trust does not have an IBAN (International Standard for Bank Account Numbers) as it's not used by financial institutions in North America." (from what I understand, the IBAN is the IRC code????)

SOLVED: In Canada banks simply call it routing number. Although we have only 8 digits for our routing numbers, banks add a 0 in front of the 8 digits, making it the required 9 digits for Steam.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    mathmaster74 likes this.
  2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have no clue, but you can search for info on the bank website, but for what is it for? for selling your game? or others ends?
    We dont use IRC either in the Netherlands :)

MushroomCake28 likes this.
  3. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MushroomCake28, you should call CRA 1-800-959-5525. It is about income taxation. The worker there can guide you. If it is a local bank, you can link to Papal.

MushroomCake28 likes this.
  4. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks both of you, but I think I found the solution.

In Canada banks simply call it routing number. Although we have only 8 digits for our routing numbers, banks add a 0 in front of the 8 digits, making it the required 9 digits for Steam.

5. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @MushroomCake28, you should IRS too. You will have pay sale tax in some states too. Tax jurisdiction is tricky. Ok, you are talking about transit numbers lol.

6. MushroomCake28

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kupotepo The beauty of the thing is that tax jurisdiction is something Steam (as the publisher) is taking care of. No need to worry about it. And yes, I was talking about transit numbers (which they call IRC code, which is why it confused me for so long).

7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @MushroomCake28 If this has completely solved your query, please Report the thread and ask for it to be closed.
    Thanks.

8. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.