Steemit, social network that pays you for writing wathever you want

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wanted to share this information. There is a site, Steemit (dot Com), which is a social network that pays you for writing whatever you want. RPG maker articles are perfectly valid. They pay you in a currency known as STEEM, which can later be converted to Bitcoin at various sites (Poloniex and others). The cool thing about the STEEM currency is that there is no minimum withdrawal amount. You can withdraw as soon as you have a few cents, if that is what you want. Some people earn big every post.

Me? I have been writing about an RPG and about RPG Maker in general in there lately. I was not sure (and I am still not sure) about sharing it with you, but I felt that the RPG Maker community (or at least someone) may find some benefit in it. For example, you can post articles, screenshots, and more about games you are creating, and generate money out of it. This is one way to profit from your RPG Maker games, even if they are going to be shared 100% free.

One thing is, if you join Steemit (dot Com), they will show you a random password. MAKE SURE to write it down, copy/paste into a TXT file, print it, email it to yourself, etc, as the system cannot reset it for you (nobody, not even admins, have access to it).

If you join Steemit, make sure to follow me at my user, @galactic123

NOTE: That is NOT a referral link. There is no affiliate program there. (Making sure to mention this before anyone flames me :/ )

SomeNick

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is about aspects of game making, not writing about it.

I've moved this thread to General Lounge. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

One thing I would want to know is: who has the copyright to anything posted there? Often it's the site. Do they say? They have to be generating money from something in order to pay contributors. Do they say what that is?

UgyBoogie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I've learned anything in life, nothing is for free.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right. We have a classic saying here...if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most such services start free to gain followers, and then change to paid content later - and with a setup like that, most likely you're transferring copyright of your texts so that you can't remove them if they begin charging readers or implement extreme advertisement to get money.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Another thing to keep in mind is even though you might get paid by the site for posting about your game, be careful with any images you use! If you post an image that has resources that are not free to use commercially, you can get into legal trouble, because technically, even making $0.01 on the content is considered commercial use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Broke: Dont move. -boring. -passive. -uncreative. Woke: Bewegen Sie Nicht! +authoritative. +foreign. +reminds your son that he's a garden gnome now.
My girlfriend left a note on the fridge saying 'This isn't working, goodbye.' I opened the refrigerator and it works just fine. Weird.
BCj
Could someone translate something from Japanese to English for me?
You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schico