RMVXA Stella's Dungeon-esque event

Discussion in 'Ideas and Prototypes' started by Lothloran, May 23, 2018.

1. Lothloran

Lothloran Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Anyone else play the Nep-Nep games? Remember the Stella's Dungeon mini-event from Hyperdimension Neptunia 2 and 3? Where you can select a bunch of dungeons to run an NPC through while you do other stuff.

Would such a thing be possible with rpg maker? I'd think it would be but I'm thinking it also wouldn't be a simple thing to create.

For those who don't know what it is:

The possibilities would be pretty endless. You could send party members to a mine to mine for resources, you could send them to a gym/dojo/mission/etc to gain levels/skills/items/whatever, or you could send the reserve party members out to do things.

I'm going to start working on this, I have a really good feeling it's going to be a TON of work.

I think the biggest challenge will be getting it to work in real time and get the RNG to work in real time

Marquise* likes this.
  2. mobiusclimber

mobiusclimber Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think it would only be as difficult as you make it; meaning, a simple system would be easy to create, whereas a more complex system would be tougher. Can it be failed? Will the NPC levels/equipment determine what and how much is gotten upon completion?

You can use this plugin and just set a timer for whatever event the NPC will go "do." http://sumrndm.site/timer-upgrade/

3. Muffel

Muffel Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think your question is in the wrong forum, but meh. ^^
    I have a similiar mechanic in my project where I needed a timer to do stuff using variables. The answer for my problem got solved thanks to this tut vid:

After throwing in some conditional branches and stuff, the system should work like in your shown vid.
    So basically, it's really simple, but it can get complex (like mobius mentioned).
    hf gl =)

Owltears likes this.