Step by Step how to use GIMP to make animated battlers for holder's animated battlers

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by redhawk2099, Jul 7, 2014.

1. redhawk2099

redhawk2099 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I am a total noob to all this stuff but I'm trying my best to make a decent rpg for VX Ace where I can pick up a lot of the skills needed to make a good rpg using the rpg maker software. Now I already have battle symphony with a working version of holder animated battlers in my script but the issue is that I want to make my own characters, and also that without the animated battler setup for me the battles aren't very interesting. Anyway I just downloaded GIMP have no knowledge of how to use it but I was wondering if someone knows how to use Gimp to make my own animated battlers for holder's and could walk me through it. Thanks! :)

2. TheGreenHorse

TheGreenHorse Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, you should check out some tutorials over the web.

Sorry if I shouldn't post this here but you just have to make a image with 128*96 PX, and turn on grid with 32 PX each cell and make walking animations with 4 steps.

The character should be turned up, left, right and down in order in each row from low to high.

3. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've moved this thread to utility discussion. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

What are you asking for here though? Specifications for the images? Or do you want to know how to draw?

4. redhawk2099

redhawk2099 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    whatever it entails I guess haha :)

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately, it's not that easy - if you don't know how to draw with a computer program, you won't be able to make any form of resources.
    However, to learn how to draw is not something you can learn from RM tutorials - for that you'll need GIMP tutorials that are not available on any RM site, you'll need to search GIMP sites for them.