Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I'm trying to make a sticky bomb type thing. THis is how i'm trying to make it work

Harold uses the skill on one enemy
It doesn't do anything for 2 turns

Then suddenly
it hits the opponent

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You probably want to use Yanfly'ss Buff amd State core and make the bomb add a state which lasts for 2 turns and put a notetag in it to deal damage when the state will be removed due to time.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Plugin Approach: Use Yanfly's Buffs & States Core. Give the state a Custom Apply Effect which sets a variable (perhaps call it sticky_turns) for the battler to 0. Use a Custom Turn Start (or Turn End) effect to raise sticky_turns by 1 each turn, and if it equals a certain number (probably 3), it deals damage to the battler, shows an animation, and removes itself. In terms of how to do the damage/animation/removal, look through a bunch of Yanfly's Tips and Tricks Videos, and you'll learn it all.

Non-Plugin Approach: Create three states: "Sticky Bomb", "Sticky Bomb 1 Turn", and "Sticky Bomb 2 Turns". Use a Troop Event in every troop with Scope set to "Turn", and Condition "Turn 0 + 1X" (and also End of Turn, if you want). Inside that event, run a Common Event. Inside that Common Event, have a conditional branch for EACH BATTLER - every character in your game as well as all 8 "?" enemies - that checks whether they have Sticky Bomb 2 Turns applied. If so, deal damage to that battler using Change Enemy HP, show a Battle Animation, and remove Sticky Bomb 2 Turns from that battler. Then, have a conditional branch for EACH BATTLER that checks whether Sticky Bomb 1 Turn is applied; if so, add Sticky Bomb 2 Turns to that battler and remove SB1T. Finally, have a conditional branch for each battler that checks whether Sticky Bomb is applied. If so, add SB1T and remove SB.

Really Easy but Inflexible Approach: Create two states: "Sticky Bomb" and "Sticky Bomb Helper". Sticky Bomb Helper should be invisible (no icon, and Priority 0). Give Sticky Bomb some highly negative HRG such as -30%, and give Sticky Bomb Helper the exact opposite (+30%). Have Sticky Bomb last for 3 turns, and have Sticky Bomb Helper last only 2 turns. Therefore, nothing will happen on the first two turns a character has Sticky Bomb, but on the third turn they will take a lot of negative regen. Have your Sticky Bomb skill apply both states (and make sure that anywhere you remove Sticky Bomb, like a Panacea Item, will also remove the Helper). The disadvantage of this approach is that you can't show an animation when it triggers, and you are stuck using a percentage of the enemy's max health rather than a custom amount.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just saw one of SigmaSuccor's RPG Maker news videos, it mentioned one of my plugins. Now I kind of wish I'd made a demo project for it, having nothing in that segment but a scroll down the code feels a little underwhelming given what the plugin COULD do. Except I suck at making demo stuff, and my testing project isn't fit for that. :(
Ok, to prepare for the GMTK Game Jam, I'm trying to make a game with the theme "The Cat's out of the Bag" in about 48 hours. I'd make a forum post with a question, but I don't have the time!
Worked over a week on a new BGM, and I'm finally happy with it.

Here are some screenshots of the area it will be used in
EzLHppdVIAMY7DP

EzLHpqsVIAEZ7jt
#WIP Metal Tactics's TBS (2015 vs 2021)
VSt9pWc.png
ZXnpNYY.png
RPG Maker News #14 | Diffused Screen Effects, Unsellable Items, Ambient Synths, Adult Woman Set

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangos_Bored