Sticky the Stickman RPG - Demo

Sonicyay2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Before I get to the topic of this thread, hello! My name is Sonicyay2. I'm a fellow animator who does stuff online and it's enjoyable stuff. Depending on your opinion. That's pretty much all there is to say. Oh, I also like Sonic. Need I say more?

Anyways, this is a topic about my upcoming RPG -

Sticky the Stickman RPG!
Original, I know.​
Who's Sticky the Stickman? He's my character. I thought he was original, but at least two people already invented him before me. :c

So far, I'm not sure if it will be a short RPG going more in depth about how the upcoming Sticky the Stickman game began and to be a prequel to the upcoming Interactive Sticky(yeah, you need to know a bit more about my StS franchise to understand most of this), or the same thing, only on a much bigger scale. Well, considering I've got 28 days left to do this, I don't know, but probably the first one. Either way, it's gonna be fun! Depending on your opinion!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sato1999

Yangfly Master(Previously)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great...

You just remembered me of my worst nightmare...

Why the hell you put Freddy?

maybe i will play later...

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there. The screenshots got me interested to try out the demo, and I have a few thoughts to share.

I really like the art style. It's simple but somehow comical and seems to fit really well to the light-hearted nature of the game. Even the walking animation is hilarious. I do hope this game will be bigger and more stuff will be added to it that's also done in similar art style. I'd particularly like to see some npc and enemy sprites, because this would be awesome. A whole world of stickmen and stick animals. :p

I noticed a lot of the stuff was kind of default and many features were bare bones. The windowskin is default, much of the music is default, there's no equipment, no healing and restorative items of any sort, and only 1 skill to use, which I get to use like 5 times before my MP is gone. As a result of that, the battles felt pretty slow and repetitive. I just had to keep attacking them until they all died. The encounter rate is also pretty high. I'd get into one after every 5 or so steps.

Although there were only a few maps, I think it'd be good if you added more stuff to them in this stickman art style. Like even for the water, the one you used (which is part of default RTP) doesn't quite fit with this art style. I think it'd be better if you made it as you've done all the other graphics. Just my suggestion. Also, it might be a good idea to add some paths to the maps. Otherwise it's impossible to tell where the transfer event to the next map is. I just had to walk around the edge, hoping to bump into one.

Oh also, I noticed with a few textboxes, at times text goes off the edge of the screen. It might be worth to double check and fix those.

That's about it. I was hoping there'd be more of the game actually. Was a tad disappointed when the demo ended, because I wanted to see Sticky and Stickette have a date and make love. :p Seriously though, I think you're onto something here. This graphics style is unusually charming, so I'd love to see more of the game's world done the same way. Keep it up.

Sonicyay2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there. The screenshots got me interested to try out the demo, and I have a few thoughts to share.

I really like the art style. It's simple but somehow comical and seems to fit really well to the light-hearted nature of the game. Even the walking animation is hilarious. I do hope this game will be bigger and more stuff will be added to it that's also done in similar art style. I'd particularly like to see some npc and enemy sprites, because this would be awesome. A whole world of stickmen and stick animals. :p

I noticed a lot of the stuff was kind of default and many features were bare bones. The windowskin is default, much of the music is default, there's no equipment, no healing and restorative items of any sort, and only 1 skill to use, which I get to use like 5 times before my MP is gone. As a result of that, the battles felt pretty slow and repetitive. I just had to keep attacking them until they all died. The encounter rate is also pretty high. I'd get into one after every 5 or so steps.

Although there were only a few maps, I think it'd be good if you added more stuff to them in this stickman art style. Like even for the water, the one you used (which is part of default RTP) doesn't quite fit with this art style. I think it'd be better if you made it as you've done all the other graphics. Just my suggestion. Also, it might be a good idea to add some paths to the maps. Otherwise it's impossible to tell where the transfer event to the next map is. I just had to walk around the edge, hoping to bump into one.

Oh also, I noticed with a few textboxes, at times text goes off the edge of the screen. It might be worth to double check and fix those.

That's about it. I was hoping there'd be more of the game actually. Was a tad disappointed when the demo ended, because I wanted to see Sticky and Stickette have a date and make love. :p Seriously though, I think you're onto something here. This graphics style is unusually charming, so I'd love to see more of the game's world done the same way. Keep it up.
If you were expecting this to be an 18+ game, you've got another thing coming.

I apologize for the bare bones of this and other stuff, because this was quite rushed. Don't worry, though. The transfer event thing is fixed, as well as the textboxes, and I plan to customize everything a lot more soon.

Thanks for this wall of text about this demo! I really appreciate it. ;-)

no dur hah

super advanced member in the galaxy
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Lol, taking graphics from Five Nights at ****boy's, which took graphics from Five Nights at Freddy's xD Why Toy Freddy? Like what's the point lol

otherwise a great game, I really like the art style.

Sonicyay2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why Toy Freddy? Like what's the point lol
inhale

But seriously, it's to give credit to the game. It was the first game in RPG Maker I ever played, and it REALLY helped me to figure out RPG Maker quite a bit!

Sonicyay2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know what? Because you're all a special crowd, I'll give you all a special demo. In here, numerous things have been added, changed, etc. But most importantly, the story is continuing, and a certain someone is trying to spoil the picnic...

https://www.mediafire.com/?dmrgbnr9y35o99o

Also whilst doing stuff I found the inbody Battleback.

Yuck. :c

Conconzilla

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love it... So amazing...

Sonicyay2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so guys, I need your opinion.

One idea I have already programmed in after the Igor battle is that Eric, a character in RPG Maker, appears and offers to join your party. You can either accept or decline.
What do you guys think of this idea?

EDIT 06/02/2015: Okay, by  my opinion, I've decided to shut the idea down. Eric will not appear in any form in the game. It's a world of STICKMEN, after all. I mean, sure, Toy Freddy, but I think the excuse that he was built by the Stickmen works. Instead, another character in the STS universe will be taking his place...

Sonicyay2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good news: I've settled on the game being a BIG RPG! And I also no longer have the time limit of 30 days, so I have until I die to work on it! Also: The Prologue is now set in stone! Chapter 1: The Forest is a go!

Sonicyay2

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update 18/02/2015:
I've decided to make the Prologue ONLY have Sticky and Stickette playable. Having 4 characters (Sticky, Stickette, Toy Freddy and Ace) playable from the get go seems a bit too much. Now I'll only limit it to one or no characters per chapter. However, Toy Freddy will still be optional.

Update 13/10/2016:

The game's dead why are you here

Reactions: Kes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I didn't think I'd spend the evening jamming out to the battle theme of a Hole Punch.
Welcome back to the dark era, where everything is in dark mode!
I'm not complaining! :o
Currently without internet due to storm damage and most of our state is devastated. No idea how long I'll be unable to log onto here, but I'll answer questions as soon as I can.
This is supposed to be pso2 photon blast inspired animation
I'm sure this question's been asked before, but I can't find an answer: is there any way to run the Steam version of RPGMaker *without* being logged into Steam? It's a frustrating extra step sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shorp_