Stock Art Characters in Commercial Games

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by Storyteller-Hero, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Storyteller-Hero

Storyteller-Hero Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are there commercial RPG Maker games that use the art and sprites from the purchased character DLC packs?

I can't seem to find any game on Steam search that uses purchased stock art such as the busts from Fantasy Heroine Character Pack.

If there are games that do use the art and sprites, has anyone seen a game that uses them well?

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I think only a couple have ever done it. The issue is most of them clash with other art styles so you either have to use all of the assets to get a full roster, or find someone who draws in that style to make you more.

Only games I've seen so far that even use them at all is Strangers of the Power (one and two). I haven't played them so no idea if they use them well. Here's the link to one:

Storyteller-Hero likes this.
  3. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I used character-related assets from PVGames packs in some of my past games, though normally I did edits on them so to make them stand out at least to some degree. (Atonement 1 and 2, City of Chains, Mercury: Cascade into Madness, and Outrage all use PVGames assets).

4. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The character DLC is relatively new, so that might be part of it. Yeah, it's been awhile if you look at just how long there's been something in the store, but if you factor in development time, especially for a commercial game, it's like they just came out.