Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been a huge dragonball fan for a long ass time, and with this new Dragonball Super I was very worried it was going to either suck, or be too over the top.

Has anyone been watching?

Isn't is friggin' amazing!?

I have so many theories about so many things.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It started to become great from episode 47 (when the Future Trunks arc begun), before it was just ok, not terrible but not even wonderful like Z. I have to say that Black Goku is an amazing villain so far, he's mysterious, badass, brutal, savage and merciless, and I think this arc has the potential to redeem the whole series for sure.

Future Trunks is Toriyama's best character and will be the savior of DB Super.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gotta admit though, how cool was it seeing young trunks react to future trunks... maaaaan i loved that.

I felt bad when he seen Mai tho :(

Any theories as to who black might be? orrrrr  lol

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1) A Supreme Kai Fusion.

2) Future Goten.

3) A Goku from an alternate universe (possibly one destroyed by the Omni King).

4) A Goku from an alternate universe that is a God of Destruction (Beerus said the others are malevolent).

5) God King Zamasu in disguise or maybe himself controlling Future Goku's corpse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am so down with the future goten and alternate universe gokus.

My very first thought was it could be a goku from a universe where he landed on earth, but didnt hit his head and didn't turn good. but because he was goku was still able to get

super powerful,was givin god of destruction power  and destroyed most of his universe, and had to find something else to destroy.
What gets me is why does he hate saiyans? And why does his face look so much ... slightly different/younger than the goku we know.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That theory about Goku not banging his head is believable enough.

There's also the question about that ring he owns that makes him able to travel in time, that's certainly not something that is given to ordinary mortals, since time travel is forbidden and dangerous (that ring clearly hints to me he might be a God of Destruction).

About his appearance I don't honestly know, some fans speculate it might really be Goten (that's why he looks so young, around Trunks age) but saiyans don't age at all phisically so it's hard to notice much difference in their facial features.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well they do age but are in their prime until 70 or something. Goku is over 45 easy I think.

The ring, I think a Kai must have had it for certain circumstances BUT he defeated him and took it.
But the earing!!!! and only one!???

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
iirc the Champa saga starts at Age 780 and since Goku was born in the year 737 (he's 5y younger than Vegeta) that makes him 43, but we have to consider that he was dead for 7 years (from the end of the Cell saga) so Goku is biologically 43y old but physically only 36y old.

The single potara earring that Black wears hints he might be related to that Kaioshin in the intro (Zamasu), he is either him or is looking forward to fuse with him\someone else.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder... maybe he has the other earing and will use it almost like ginyu uses his trade body ability.

Except he will slam an earing on them and force them to fuze.

The only problem with that is what if that person he fuses with has a stronger will than black, it could be disastrous for him lol

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Potara earrings just make two people fuse permanently from what we know, so perhaps he simply is in search of someone else to fuse with.

I really hope that Black is a Future Goten which gained godly powers, from another universe\reality\timeline\whatever since he basically cannot exist in Trunks Future (Goku died from that heart virus before the Cell saga there).

Dragon Ball Universe has always been confusing and now it became even worse, especially after Beerus revealed that 12 universes exist (out of 18), lol.

It's confirmed that Goku and the Z fighters are in Universe 7 and Future Trunks is in a possible future of Universe 7, and although being in the same plane of existance, Trunks future is not connected to Goku's present (it's only a possible future and doesn't even get affected by the changes of the past). 

This clearly hints that not only we have multiple universes in DB like Beerus said, but all of them can have bazillions of timelines\possible futures, that's where the theory of Goten might be in the realms of believability to me, it's possible that in another universe and in another timeline of it, another Goku didn't die with that heart virus and Goten was born but got corrupted in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Dalph™ - I miss cell saga dbz.

I felt it went down hill with the buu saga (it felt like it became more about pandering to the fans to me).

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dalph™ - I miss cell saga dbz.

I felt it went down hill with the buu saga (it felt like it became more about pandering to the fans to me).

That's classified as the worst saga by DB fans, you know? XD

The best of the best is the Namek\Frieza's saga. 

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That was my altime favorite gohan, he was so badass :(

now hes so... shrimpy.

I heart tells me black is future goten by my brain says he isnt :(

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Gohan was never supposed to be a fighter though, even if he had an immense potential, he always hated to fight (unlike his father).

He was always meant to be a nerd, not sure if he really wanted it or was forced by his mother, but the fact remains, he hated fighting anyway. :p

But I agree in some way, I hate how weak and useless they made him in Super, I hope he will have his moments of highlight again in the future episodes.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's classified as the worst saga by DB fans, you know? XD

The best of the best is the Namek\Frieza's saga. 

The best was Namek\Frieza, but I felt the series went downhill after cell saga.

Gohan was set up to be the next hero, but was thrown aside to appease fans.

...leaving only Goku and Vegeta as the only two actual important characters left.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a weird feeling he will play a huge roll coming up.

I had an interesting theory based on the last episode.

remember how piccolo and krillen were sitting by the cabbage, and then trunks shows up?

Picollo didn't know trunks was there until chi chi told him.

Meanwhile in past episdoes he would have been able to hear goku talking to king kai on his planet.

I think he is too preoccupied listening for Pan all the time worrying about her lol

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, now that we know a little bit more about who this Goku Black is, any thoughts on why he looks so much younger than our Goku?

I have my theories xD

Gin

The djinn
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I saw DB, DB Z... but it lost me in DB GT. Didn´t had the patience to watch it all... >_>

But one thing is clear in ALL of them. It uses and abuses Fillers....jezzzz, what is that all about?! :headshake:

Also, the main idea was get 7 dragon balls, and make a wish! Then there were more 7 dragon namekian balls, and hei, make 3 wishes!:S And then it turned into a...where the heck are the balls?!

And the fights kept scalating.Fist they destroy a village, then a town, then a city, then several cities, then earth, then the universe.. And when we thought Toryama was going to stop the madness, then he made diferent universes because destroying only one was not enough...eheheh! Gotta love Dragon ball, whichever version of it! <3 I´m gonna keep an eye on this series to fully understand why the revival of the series. :p

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know what you mean, Dragonball Z was VERY filler heavy, but so is a lot of "anime" when it comes from a Manga.

Dragonball Super is really ****in cool though, it deals with multi universes and gods.

The main reason it was revived is because of the fans, Toriyama wanted to continue the story but take the focus away from what it used to be.

Now that Dragonball and Dragonball Z set up the back story, now we can delve into so many badass things.

I highly recommend checking out the series, you can watch it all for free on watchdbsuper.com

There is of course some filler episods while it was waiting for the manga to catch up to the animators but it is all good stuff and sheds light on a lot of badassery.

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry to ruin it for you all but I thought I made myself clear when I said that I was "still getting used to this body" meow.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiromori