Stop character from moving before fade-in (MV)

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe there is a default way to stop this, if so please advise.

The issue is that your can move characters before the scenes have properly changed. This really hurts immersion for me.

If there is not default way to accomplish this, is there a plugin out there, or a line of script that can be changed?

Thank you in advance!

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should be able to place a wait command after the fade-in option, but if that's not working try Yanfly's Stop Player Movement plugin.

J-G

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the event your running is set to parallel then that will happen. Since I also had that issue. So either add a wait command right after fade command or switch event to autorun. Of course still adding wait command where needed. Especially in movement routes.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could also just use an autorun event that will erase itself after the enough time has passed to ensure the fadein has completed. You don't need a plugin for this.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could also just use an autorun event that will erase itself after the enough time has passed to ensure the fadein has completed. You don't need a plugin for this.
I think the autorun only works for the player character not move in this case.
If the problem is only the player character, this will work.
Otherwise, if the OP wants to all the character events not move during the fade, the autorun will not work.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh - I assumed the OP was talking about the player character moving.

Yes, if it's events you don't want to move, you'd either need to put in all the effort on each event (like two pages, one with no movement and the other with movement, conditioned by "has the scene faded in?"), or a plugin.

However then you'd have to define how you're fading in. The default fadein is pretty quick, but are you also doing manual fadeout/fadein, and how long are you waiting after the map loads before fading in, and how long does the fadein take (I don't recall if you can set a duration on the manual command)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That sigh when a roaming chicken blocks your move event :/
Poryg is still alive, just did somrthing else to kill the time he cannot be productive. Minecraft - 10 tips & tricks on improving your base defence against pvp.
"Ugh, so tired of these rivers and lakes." *squints and looks off into the distance* "Oh cool! Is that a waterfall?"
Why is it so hard to accept existential stoicism? To insist stoics must be deterministic is like insisting God couldnt create evolving animals. Drop the dogmas and concider the compatible mechanics
I just had a duel at Duel Links, and started right away with a fusion monster... felt like an actual yugioh main character :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImpLover666