zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so I have something where I can hit an event with an attack on the field. that works. what I'm having a problem with is getting the event to stop, BUT have everything the event does still play out. basically I want to stun an event so you can run behind it and get a preemptive strike. I tried Yanfly's Stop Map Movement. and It actually does almost exactly what I need it to do. except I can't get it to get the event moving again after a few seconds. but it does go through the rest of the event's processing. I tried Movement route stuff, but that seems to have an odd problem of you can't touch the event until the wait period is over.

so what I'm asking is, is there a what to pause an event's movement and still be able to touch it to trigger the rest of it's event processing?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
give the event a page with a higher number conditioned to a switch, set to parallel and with exactly two commands: wait(x) for the number of frames you want to wait, and then control switch off to go back to the previous event page.

that event page will be reset if that happens, but the event will stop following or attacking or whatever for however many frames you want.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks! I think that did the trick. I managed to finally set this whole thing up lol. it only took the entire weekend but thanks to you, I'm finished.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Feel free to check out our "Touch the Stars" gamejam submission, "Starlight, Starbright!"
just finished playing one shot. im kinda disappointed with return the sun ending ngl. i was hoping there would be some after credits scene that would play with my emotions
So apparently the surprise Google Search page browser game saves your progress when you close the browser.

This really makes me miss the golden age of Flash gaming.
ohh man im ending oneshot now (im doing the last stepping puzzle rn) and the music is so...sad...like...ive been thinking recently about how fast moments pass and...my anxious thoughts combined with that music and nostalgia...like...im comfortably sad...and want to cry internally
We're playing one of the Touch the Stars game jam entries, come join us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananansy