Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I recently decided to change my window skin, as in making my own from scratch. I used to use a gradient-based window skin so the stretching of the border (when a window is very rectangular) wasn't an issue. But now I'm going for a more image-based skin so the stretching makes it look really bad. Are there any known workarounds for this?

Edit: Hmm, it seems like the 1st 24 pixels or so don't get stretched, though I'm having a hard time confirming...is this truly the case?

Last edited:

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When the game makes a window it "patches" the windows together from the outside sections

1604089570823.png

the for 24x24 corners should never stretch, but then anything in the middle 24x48 section will be used over and over as needed to make the proper width/height of the window... so unless you have a skin that can look uniform every 24 pixels or whatnot and image based window skin might be tricky.

At least this is how I came to understand how the window border was created... if Im wrong someone can correct me :D

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, yea that makes sense. The only other explanation I thought of was that maybe it's using 9-slice scaling. In any case, it seems I'm limited to 24x24 if I want to use an image. Does anyone happen to have a workaround? I wanted to use something along the lines of these:
1604090211882.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_3 and People3_4 added!

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olixproductions