Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I recently decided to change my window skin, as in making my own from scratch. I used to use a gradient-based window skin so the stretching of the border (when a window is very rectangular) wasn't an issue. But now I'm going for a more image-based skin so the stretching makes it look really bad. Are there any known workarounds for this?

Edit: Hmm, it seems like the 1st 24 pixels or so don't get stretched, though I'm having a hard time confirming...is this truly the case?

Last edited:

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
When the game makes a window it "patches" the windows together from the outside sections

1604089570823.png

the for 24x24 corners should never stretch, but then anything in the middle 24x48 section will be used over and over as needed to make the proper width/height of the window... so unless you have a skin that can look uniform every 24 pixels or whatnot and image based window skin might be tricky.

At least this is how I came to understand how the window border was created... if Im wrong someone can correct me :D

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, yea that makes sense. The only other explanation I thought of was that maybe it's using 9-slice scaling. In any case, it seems I'm limited to 24x24 if I want to use an image. Does anyone happen to have a workaround? I wanted to use something along the lines of these:
1604090211882.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy