Stop the freezing of the game window during movement.

CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi!
I have a problem with Ace.
I'm programming a system that makes pictures hide outside the screen and you have to move the game window to see them.
I succeeded, it works, unfortunately the game window freeze when I move it and the location of the pictures updates when I release the window. I thought maybe it was a Win8 problem. Then I checked around and apparently someone managed to fix this problem on Game Maker, the window continues to update itself when you move it:
https://yellowafterlife.itch.io/window-freeze-fix

I would like to know if there is a solution for Ace?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Umbreon, please do not bump your topic unless it has been 72 hours later since your last post. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This is so all posts get a fair chance to be answered.

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The issue described is by no means related to events. You have to prevent the window that runs the engine from pausing. If you take a look at the various scripts listed here, you will find one that does something similar. Depending on how it is written, it might do the trick for you. Unfortunately, I don't remember who is the author, but I remember reading something like that.

Anyway, I think you need a DLL that interacts with the window. As far as I know, there is no way to interact with it without relying on Win32API. I am afraid that a simple ruby script is not going to work in this situation.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anvi