Store Resources for Commercial Projects?

Discussion in 'Commercial Games Discussion' started by Kudin, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Kudin

Kudin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey there,

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but I could not find the answer anywhere. I searched high and low on the forums and couldn't find anything.

The resources available for purchase from the RPG Maker store: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/graphics

Are we allowed to use those in commercial projects? I only ask because other online resources for stuff like this tends to be very expensive. In particular I'm only looking at some of the tilesets, as almost everything else about the project I'm going to work on will be custom-made. But quality tilesets are hard to come by, so I'd love to use some of the ones in the store, provided that they are allowed to be used in commercial projects.

Thank you!

2. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes, you can. Each resource pack should come with a file telling you who to add to your lit of credits to the game. Make sure you credit these people!

Kudin likes this.
  3. Kudin

Kudin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Absolutely! I've got a running tab in my project management notebook for all of the people that need to be in the credits.

Thank you for the answer!

4. Zalerinian

Zalerinian Jack of all Errors Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Not a problem! After all, it would kinda suck to pay for resources from the store and then not being able to make a return on your investment.

Kudin likes this.
  5. Uzuki

Uzuki Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Also remember that the resource packs from this store are to be used in the RPG Maker series ONLY

Kudin likes this.
  6. Kudin

Kudin Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Absolutely. I guess that's a testament to how generous the individuals are here, because those are some very cheap prices compared to what I've seen for commercial licenses on places like GraphicRiver and other similar sites.

Thanks again!

Thank you for letting me know; and no worries, I don't have plans to use them outside of an RPG Maker project; still good info to know though!

Shaz likes this.