Storing the number of the Event ID into a variable

Sanguine

Hoot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The title of the post says it. Is there a script call that I can use to do this? Or can I achieve this with events?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can reference an event's ID using a "script" event command by simply writing @event_id

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just remember that the events are map-based - on each map, the events have their ID numbers starting from 1 again.

Sanguine

Hoot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But is there anyway I can get the actual number? Like the actual integer?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
As i currently don't have access to RM, i don't know if there are any event commands you could use, but this snippet would do it:

$game_variables[<variable>] = event_idWhere "<variable>" is the id of the variable you want to set.

Sanguine

Hoot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much, it worked like a charm!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I been rather busy lately with non RM projects so, it will take some time for me to release something.
Hmmmm, nice site UI change.
Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol
It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carugatti