Storing the number of the Event ID into a variable

Sanguine

Hoot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The title of the post says it. Is there a script call that I can use to do this? Or can I achieve this with events?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You can reference an event's ID using a "script" event command by simply writing @event_id

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just remember that the events are map-based - on each map, the events have their ID numbers starting from 1 again.

Sanguine

Hoot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But is there anyway I can get the actual number? Like the actual integer?

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
As i currently don't have access to RM, i don't know if there are any event commands you could use, but this snippet would do it:

$game_variables[<variable>] = event_idWhere "<variable>" is the id of the variable you want to set.

Sanguine

Hoot
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much, it worked like a charm!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

last time i used this site i was a different gender.. wow rlly makes u think... anyway transing ur gender is pretty cool and theres hair growing on my feet now 10/10
I should have listened to RPGMAKER Meme thread. I should have backed up my data. The Orphan of Time, my WIP, is completely gone, all those hours of work are completely gone :(
God what was my life before smartphones (I had a grandma's phone before wednesday)
Stream will be live shortly with The Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!
I have a specialized class on intellectual property this semester (on Patent and Trademarks, Copyrights is next semester). Only had a quick overview of that in previous business law classes. I'll be able to help more people here when it comes to knowing what to do and your rights for intellectual property!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffve