Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradok

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yo! Hey guys so this post is part rant and part update. Sometimes it just kinda feels good to put the info out there and hear what people have to say about it you know? That's how I felt anyway so I decided to go ahead and start this new thread to get a little off my chest as well as give you guys the 411 on my, dare I say, game.

Like the title said, I am currently ending the storyboarding for the first part of my game which is where I intend to end it at the moment unless I just get a big surge of confidence and energy. It's meant to serve as sort of a test run or prequel to a bigger project I plan on doing afterwards, but I want a little feedback from the target audience before I jump up and pour a year's worth of time into something. If all goes well and as planned the game should run for about 5 hours of playtime, that's if you explore and do all the side stuff rather than just zooming through it all. This is just an estimation, it being incredibly hard to assume time without actually playing it first.

When writing out all the stuff I have planned for this game, even though I based it off of a story I had already wrote, I really wanted to take the time and make it like the games I remember enjoying the most. I took a lot of inspiration from classic titles such as the MOTHER series and Live a Live, in which are probably my favorite games of all time. Quirky humor and odd characters are my favorite thing to see in games, and something big titles these days lack in my opinion. When first getting RPGMaker VX Ace and toying with it those two games came to mind immediately and I hope the project I am working on does them justice.

Moving into the actual game building I am going to try and deliver a playable demo as soon as possible, though I don't plan to rush myself. Since this will be a free game I'll probably be using standard resources to build it, maybe drawing a few characters out on my Graphics Tablet, but other than that don't get excited to see too much new scenery.

It's a modern setting, with a few old school mansion locales for the most part, so I'm hoping once I buy the DS and DS+ resource packs I will have more than enough tilesets and etc to make it all work out. If you have any recommendations for free modern resources do not hesitate to link me here. Thanks for reading guys.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll just quote from the rules for this part of the forum.

1) Discussion should be general, not project-specific.
While you're welcome to use your project as an example, please try to keep the conversation broad. Feedback that's only specific to your project should be posted in your project thread. If it's too early in planning to have a project thread, you can use the Plot and Character Feedback thread.
As the rule suggests, you could put this into a new project thread in Early Project feedback.  You could also put it into the thread for feedback on story.  As I don't know where you want this to go, I cannot merge it, and so will be closing it.

For modern resources, have a look on Granny's lists, which are always a good place to start when looking for graphics.  The list for modern stuff can be found here.  she's in the middle of updating it, but there should still be plenty of links which work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my first big game since joining the forums! Please check out Petal Knights! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/petal-knights-playable-now.117898/
Back home now :cutesmile:

Many thanks to all my fellow game devs. for all the support during this crazy time.

Feeling a bit rough but much better then bein' hospitalized at least.

Now time to get back to the code :D
Added skill ranges, and very basic implementation of scope, with a rule called "empty tile" that simply returns true if the selected tile is empty (has a battler), and false otherwise

This means movement range and attack ranges are all automatically implemented.

More info: https://himeworks.itch.io/grid-battle-system/devlog/167442/devlog-3-basic-skill-range
Stone masons are hard at work creating beautiful sculptures for your games...
When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr