Gonor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there. I hope this is the right forum. If not: apologies.

When I was a child I like this board game. I don't remember its name but I really liked it and regularly got it from our town's library. Later, I bought the World of Warcraft board game (which was very complex, but didn't actually have that much of a plot) and finally I played The Witcher board game on Steam. This had more of a plot through the quests and such but still didn't offer a coherent storyline as this game from my childhood did.

A while ago I stumbled over this game: Eldritch Horror (Amazon.com Link)
I tried to convince a few people (namely my wife and two friends) to play it with me. Sadly, I failed.
But it gave me an idea. What if I were to create such a game with RPG Maker?
I know, multiplayer would be limited to people playing on one computer and none of those I asked would play it with me. But still, I would be able to create something similar to the game I played as a child. And I think that alone would feel great.

Now, I have a few ideas how to realise this. (Wether they are good or not, I don't know yet). That's not the point.
The real question is: Would anyone here be interested in something like this?

Currently I'm working on something else but maybe I'd give it a try as a side project.

Thank you for your feedback.

Gonor

megumi014

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like to play board games irl and I have played some in a computer, so I'd definitely be interested in it.

That said, I started to think about it and if Eldritch Horror (I haven't tried that one) is similar to other role games like Cthulu's calling or Vampire mascarade, I don't know if the board formula would be very refreshing for a re-play. There is a pc version for Vampire and they went for adventure genre, probably because the more plot you develop the longer the game becomes :/ I think Drakensang was based on a board game, and Anima was adapted as an adventure rpg too.

The game I enjoyed the most that kept the board style was the adaptation of Atmosfear, but it doesn't really have a plot. Just in case you haven't heard of it: it is a horror setting game in which 6 people have to move around 6 realms and get one key from each of those realms (each of them has a different theme, like porcelain dolls or Egypt mummies). Even if it lacks that plot/story-driven element, there is a "guardian" (npc) that keeps trolling the game, interrupting, making (unfair) rules and pretty much trying to prevent you to win the game, because if you don't finish it in X amount of time the guardian wins, and you also have to "battle" against a fear of your choosing, so it can be replayed many times and still be refreshingly random.

You can play it alone or play it with more people in one computer as you mentioned, I have played it both ways and it is quite funny, so I'd definitely be interested in a board game for a PC that dwells more into a story but still lets you play alone or with more people, while being able to play it more than once.

I also remembered Battle Chess but that is completely off-topic xD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FromVillage