Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,
I'm trying to implement a story mode through common events. The common events are the ones in the attached PNG files. The issue is, the second one doesn't work. When a new fight starts, enemy state doesn't change. Is there an option besides going to Troops and manually entering the change on turn 0?
Thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Story mode 1.png
    Story mode 1.png
    169 KB · Views: 10
  • Story mode 2.png
    Story mode 2.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 11

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder why you place an else handler on story mode?
when you start a new game, wouldn't it better if it has choose mode?

story mode, normal, hard
and base it on those switches? or is it made you can adjust difficulty
in midgame? or what other modes would be there?

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wonder why you place an else handler on story mode?
when you start a new game, wouldn't it better if it has choose mode?

story mode, normal, hard
and base it on those switches? or is it made you can adjust difficulty
in midgame? or what other modes would be there?
It's made so the difficulty can be adjusted midgame. I guess I could make a hard mode too, but for now I'm just figuring out easy mode.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
parallel processes can run on the map only, they don't run on any screen - not even battlescreen.

alternatives depend on what that state is supposed to do.
if there is no alternative, your best bet would be to install a plugin for base troop events. With that all troop events on the specified base troop run on all battles, meaning you only have to add the troop event on that base troop.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Parallel and Autorun events only run on the map. You'd need to use troop events for this (and/or a plugin).

Edit: ninja'd.

ShiningPhoibe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
parallel processes can run on the map only, they don't run on any screen - not even battlescreen.

alternatives depend on what that state is supposed to do.
if there is no alternative, your best bet would be to install a plugin for base troop events. With that all troop events on the specified base troop run on all battles, meaning you only have to add the troop event on that base troop.
Parallel and Autorun events only run on the map. You'd need to use troop events for this (and/or a plugin).

Edit: ninja'd.
Well, today I learned something. That explains why it didn't work.
Story mode makes the enemy weaker by lowering their stats. I checked VisuStella Battle Core and apparently it has base troop events, which I didn't know about. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there is an event on VX on stats based on a switch or variable that is
activated, but the states are added on the 1st turn, for all troops,
a plugin is indeed better, like YEP_BaseTroop or something that run
on the first troop ID and automatically read for all others when placed
as a common event or otherwise.

not sure if visustella has one as well, but that is easiest way (specially usefull
if you have over 100 troops, but you need to see what fits best.

Good luck on your project at least :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

thought I'd upgrade to mz from mv cause of the nice quality of life features but ****ing hell why couldn't they allow old plugins to work in it and secondly how come in over a year since it's release has there been no mz version of something so crucial as a non grid based movement plugin. I guess I'll stick with mv. (why wasnt mz just an update to mv anyway literally nothing substantial changed..)
Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seanhickey00