Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SBHLogoSM.png

SYNOPSIS
Join Ryuu and his company through a world completely void of color. Battle wild animals, monstrous fiends, bandits, and crazed gods as you try to unlock the mystery of the world's dullening.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
Tillet Castle Town
TilletCastelTown.PNG

Ryuu on World Map
PlayerWorldMap.PNG

Ryuu in a fight with a couple of slimes
CombatView.PNG

Ryuu watching the water ripple around
OutsideCliffton.PNG

Oops!!! Spotted by a slime. Better Run!
EncounterSlime.PNG

A shop in Tillet. All the items are on the table for you to inspect.
TilletShop.PNG

Better equip those relics (stickers) so that you can be better in battle. Make sure you have enough SP to equip it though <_<
EquipSticker.PNG

Hmm... an uncolored picture of a slime. I wonder if we can do something about that.
SlimeUncolored.PNG

AH! That's much better...
SlimeColored.PNG

Oooh... a slimy party member.
SlimeyParty.PNG

CHARACTERS
Our Heroes!
  • Ryuu - Our protagonist. Easy going, doesn't take himself seriously, tends to go with the flow.
  • Slimey - A jiggly mound of pudding that's looking for companionship. Give him a hug from time to time.
  • Others - There will be 5 more party members for you to find and bring to life (foreshadowing... ooOOooh).

Our Others!
  • Old Men - They have valuable information. You should listen to them.
  • Old Women - Do not make made. Remember making your grandma mad... yea...
  • Kings - They give you stuff you need to proceed. You should help them out.
  • Peasants - They have quests for you to do. Quests give you loot. Loot is always awesome.
  • NPCs - Fillers and world builders.

STORYLINE/PLOT
  • An artist gets trapped in the latest project brought to his desk. Now he must venture forth, fighting monsters and "making" allies along the way... al in order to get back home. There will be laughs. There will be tea... more laughs. There will angry players that do not use their characters to their fullest.

FEATURES
  • Quick Combat
  • A cast of unusual party members... each with their own abilities
  • Side-view battle system
  • On Map Encounters
  • Dungeon Crawling
  • Map exploration
  • Side Quest
  • Equipment that gives you special abilities and/or passives.
  • A tried and true story

DOWNLOAD LINK

A note from NKP

The demo showcases more mechanics than it does the overall story. The story is pretty lacking at the moment as we have yet to decide key plot devices and key points of interest to include in the story. There is some story, do not get us wrong, it is just... lacking in content. Nonetheless, we hope you enjoy what we have made so far.

From what we can tell, this game is rated E10+. There is some fantasy violence (fighting enemies), a bit of smoking and a bit of drinking. There even might be a mild swear or two.

This game is a constant work in progress. Mechanics and storylines are bound to change slightly in the future. The rating will more than likely change to a Teen rating. While the story is vague at the moment for the demo, more will be added to the beginning of the game and more will be revealed when you get further into the game.

This is a project that we have worked hard on together and are happy to share it with you all now. While nowhere near complete, we have decided to share the first portion of our game with you all... in the form of a demo. Please, check it out, critique as much as you can on what you can, all feedback is welcome and encouraged.

You cannot get better at something if you don't know what it is you are failing on.

CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE
Thanks to: Enterbrain. RPG Maker VX Ace made it possible for me to create this game.
Music:
The Magnificent Quest Music Pack

[Copyright](C) 2014 DEGICA, LTD
Musician: Joel Steudler

Dungeon Music Pack
[Copyright](C) 2014 DEGICA, LLC
Musician: Scythuz

Thanks to the following for their amazing scripts. Without these scripts, my game
wouldn't have been possible.

Yanfly - https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/category/rpg-maker/rpg-maker-vx-ace/
Moghunter - https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/
Jet - http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/509-simple-side-view/
Mr Trivel - https://mrtrivelvx.wordpress.com/
Hime - http://himeworks.com/
Neon Black - https://cphouseset.wordpress.com/
Lone Wolf - Snipplet - http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/1131-rgss3-unofficial-bugfix-snippets/
Various - A big thanks to the folks on the rpgmaker forums. Your knowledge and insight
helped in making snippets that furthered my game.

Special thanks to the following people for their awesome icon work.

Scinaya
Liberty
Timmah
EvilEagles
Archeia
Enterbrain

UPDATES
Showcase video:

Last edited:

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
hah, reminds me of original Gameboy ;)

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE:
Fixed the Demo link. Apparently it wasn't working correctly <_<.
Check out our demo and let us know what you all think ^_^!

NinjaKittyProductions

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE:
Been working on some more maps, enemies, puzzles, and dungeons. Check out a few of our new maps.

Cartle Pier (Stop by and say Hi)
SHB - Cartle Pier.PNG

Arrind Gorge
ArrindGorge1.PNG
ArrindGorge2.PNG
ArrindGorge3.PNG

Oasis Underground
OasisUnderground1.PNG
OasisUnderground2.PNG

Seneri Dunes
(Before you get to here you gotta cross a big, long, desert full of sand, more sand, and even more sand.
Seneri Dunes.PNG

If ya get a chance, head on over and download our demo and let us know what you think so far ^_^!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't the time to try the demo (yet) but this sure sounds and looks like it has great potential.
Will be returning to this at a later date :)

NinjaKittyProductions

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't the time to try the demo (yet) but this sure sounds and looks like it has great potential.
Will be returning to this at a later date :)
Please let us know what you think so far. Keep in mind that things are bound to change and we will keep suggestions in mind. We have an overall goal of what we want the game to feel like and play like but are more than open to suggestions and critiques.

You cannot get better at something unless you know what you are bad at!

NinjaKittyProductions

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE:
Been working pretty hard on getting "Part 2 or Chapter 2" of our game done! Lots of different maps to make and monsters to plan but we are getting there. Also, we have made some quality of life changes to the demo... fixed a few bugs here and there that people have reported (THANK YOU!) and for the now the demo should be playable without any problems.

Big thank you to all who are showing interest in our game ^_^! It really does mean a lot to us.

This update was to just you all know that we are still working hard on Storybook Hero as you all are our inspiration to keep doing so.

NinjaKittyProductions

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Adding a few new screenshots of some maps ^_^.

SBHWorldMap.PNG
SHB - Cartle Pier.PNG
ArrindGorge1.PNG
ArrindGorge2.PNG
OasisUnderground1.PNG
OasisUnderground2.PNG
Seneri Dunes.PNG

NinjaKittyProductions

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE:
Here is a showcase video of the first 30-ish minutes of the game. Check it out:

Be sure to download it from GameJolt and give it a shot as well. The demo is pretty hefty. About 2 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It was at 3am Pacific May 25 that Skynet was created. And it came in the form of a messenger plugin so powerful it now runs my randomizer and does it better than the randomizer itself did. What have I created? :kaoback:
Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
Im so glad that im into 16/32bit games because i'd never be able to create any assets for something more complex :p
I was thinking of MAYBE (a big maybe) starting an soundtrack resource thread where I would post one track per week.
Another screenshot from my 3D RMMV project, this time from an inside map:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camthao