Storytellers MV Facesets [Updated 01/01/17 - SF_People1_7]

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by TheStoryteller01, Oct 25, 2015.

1. TheStoryteller01

TheStoryteller01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for Actor2_7. The hair is darker than in the stock portrait to match the sprites better.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: contrite (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

Terms of use are in the first post.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
    GrandmaDeb likes this.
  2. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for Actor3_8. I heavily edited the hat parts from the MV generator and created shadow layers for the hat brim. I also choose face elements to make her look more grown-up than in the stock portrait.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: disgusted (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
  3. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added the first faceset for the SF characters, SF_Actor1_1. Since the stock generator parts create only suits that look more like kimonos (good) or pyjamas (not so good), I "tailored" my own from generator and portrait parts (but I admit I left out the blue collar stripe from the stock portrait, cause it was too much of a hassle to include). Tim Gunn was right - menswear IS hard to do.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: anxious (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
  4. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor1_2. Compared to the stock portrait the hair is more yellowish and the eyes are darker to match the sprites better. And again I "tailored" my own jacket, shirt and tie from generator and portrait parts (and again I left out the blue collar stripe from the stock portrait, cause it was too much of a hassle to include).

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: dumbfounded (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

5. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor1_3. This is still my "self tailored" suit & shirt from generator and portrait parts (I still left out the blue collar stripe from the stock portrait, cause it was too much of a hassle to include). I also borrowed the bandana back part from the stock portrait and colored the hair with reduced hue to match the sprites better.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: suspicious (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  6. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor1_4. This is still my "self tailored" suit,shirt&tie from generator and portrait parts (I still left out the blue collar stripe from the stock portrait, cause it was too much of a hassle to include). Otherwise it's pretty much the same as the stock portrait.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: annoyed (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

Terms of use are in the first post

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  7. Ilan14

Ilan14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    First of all, I think these facesets are great! And secondly, I think the image for the SF Actor 3 is not available. It may have something to do with the image link, so you may want to look into that...

P.S. : When are you going to finish the facesets for the rest of the RTP actors?

P.S.S: If you see an additional post with this same text, is mine. I just accidentally posted it in another person's account... :(

8. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor1_5. I colored the hair differently than in the stock portrait and also made the ear visible, both to match the sprites better. And this is still my "self tailored" suit,shirt&tie from generator and portrait parts (without the blue collar stripe from the stock portrait, cause it was too much of a hassle to edit).

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: hostile (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

Terms of use are in the first post

@Ilan14:

- I couldn't see SF_Actor1_3 missing on my end but I have renewed the link just in case (in both posts). Hope everything is available now.

- Regarding the RTP actors, I do facesets in the order which ones are fastest to make. So when I'm finished with the "easy" SF facesets, I'll take a break and then evaluate which other facesets can be disassembled into generator parts/layers. P.e. People3_6 will be fairly easy to make with edited generator parts while for People 3_5 it makes not much sense to create generator parts from scratch, just editing eyes and mouth in the stock portrait would be far easier - but there are enough people around who are far more talented and experienced in this kind of editing than me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2016
    Ilan14 and GrandmaDeb like this.
  9. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

I like the clothing. If you wanted to change the tie a bit, you could add a darker shadow on the left and top to make it more 3-d and show the curve of the material in the top knot.

Post in WIP thread for more input, but I think the light shining on the tie would be hitting with the lightest color not extending all the way to the left.

TheStoryteller01 likes this.
  10. Ilan14

Ilan14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Thanks StoryTeller, it works now. :)

11. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor1_6. She wears my "self tailored" suit, shirt & (remade) tie from generator and portrait parts (without the blue collar stripe from the stock portrait, cause it was too much of a hassle to edit).The knot+pony is tinkered from generator parts and the hair color is notably different to the stock portrait to match the sprites better.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: anxious (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

Following feedback the tie has gotten more highlight/shadow contrast - further critique or feedback is still welcome (PM preferred, so the thread doesn't get cluttered).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
    GrandmaDeb likes this.
  12. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor1_7. He wears my “self tailored” suit&shirt made from generator and portrait parts (without the blue collar stripe from the stock portrait, cause it was too much of a hassle to edit) but otherwise there are no differences to the stock portrait.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: hostile (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  13. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor1_8. She wears a new version of my “self tailored” suit with a more blouselike collar made from generator and portrait parts (without the blue collar stripe from the stock portrait, cause it was too much of a hassle to edit). The hair has less hue than the stock portrait to match the sprites better and I left out the blue necklace because it’s not shown on the sprites at all.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: wary (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  14. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor2_1. The hair is tinkered together from various generator parts and while looking different from the stock portrait, it matches the sprites quite well.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: contrite (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

15. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor2_2. The hair is partially edited and the color is slightly different from the stock portrait to match the sprites better.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: dissapointed (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

16. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor2_3. I gave him a different pair of glasses than in the stock portrait, because the original one didn't match the sprites and made a second version with the same weird hair coloring shown on the sprites.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: wary (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  17. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  18. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Actually sometimes the facesets get "lost" for a short time because I constantly revisit and edit the old ones and when I delete/rename/upload the new set in the source upload, I sometimes have to renew the link manually.

EDIT: I also realized, that some links do not work properly all the time in IE while they do in FireFox o_O. I'll look into that and renew those links just to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
    GrandmaDeb likes this.
  19. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor2_4. I gave her a different pair of glasses than in the stock portrait that matches the sprites better.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: uncertain (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

GrandmaDeb likes this.
  20. TheStoryteller01

First Language:
    German
    Added another faceset for SF_Actor2_5. I didn't find the clothing from the stock portrait doing the supposedly heavy leather coat from the sprites justice, so I tailored my own (again) from generator parts and added some rank to the chin-high shirt collar. The hair is edited from several parts and I also added a small shadow under the shades.

The emotions are: neutral, friendly, roguish, happy, surprised, angry, sad and for the extra one: annoyed (from left to right, top row first)

[​IMG]

The terms of use in the first post have been changed:

NEW TERMS of use:

Everything is made from RMMV stock media and is free for non-commercial use with RPG Maker projects. Please credit Kadokawa/Enterbrain and TheStoryeller01 if you use it. 

If you want to use anything for a commercial project get in touch with me, I'm willing to further customize the sets.

No redistribution of the originals or of any edits allowed -  if you want to share these ressources, please link to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2015
    GrandmaDeb likes this.