Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone.

I don't remember when or which version update it started to happen.
Lately, whenever I move the cursor away from the popup help description...

jSKEZjOtQAiz_nroUSUlcipCGHQMCpjMuoDm0mPIHRIEt936ng6Z_OqCdcsEgN-4UiZn15reozkFK1Nxux9rlRaI2jk7dDpX6jGOf-78oWEjRK-EicGywg0-aN4Lu_ag6xHbvqx-oFekVPeOtkiH2HeBVwRH2i1jipFc_TsvEjtXby_nv4jWKzm9PtGQ3WsViLHh5_uZP68laGrOD8oJukjmT27f-zI_uN8Vloxl5G0aBKnToVUpkHJHm2jrh9qlWy8mAG_2imoJ92C3QMIzpxmZxf-s_BjiCRmPLwwUrjD_1JODSg4Egueuf8QSZKZnEKf61yX-5r-v_ZWonPOln7lydZI0FZ6oNWfZ6_LhXe-B90pfLS3DA4S-MPzGR17XStlhBIwdi8aDmW67v7wW5g4VIyrjlPTzxbYfC9X952RC11iMTbt4X5NZsdaiPaiaJk6xHyAWTuSNzTJl4q7ebSg_usQ8nJ6EnhKV9rNhky1AUTwZcQ43fedDwwV0WwkbMkUd9db9YuiS7CCp1ODHmLyjk8ESXXMrpjLhAf7nSnVICR7Ajgf02TxGlGI8GqSGHYtk7W8Ctt9rREOpmOCLPRY5ipoSzXcs5uyGQQ=w413-h139-no

-would cause the MV UI to flick when the popup disappears.
Not only that, it also had a chance to crash the engine before I could save the progress.

My RPG Maker MV is the one from the Steam version, which also the latest ones available.

Although, it may actually that it was my GPU driver is the cause, however, I can't update it to the latest driver due to an issue that happens with old GPU and new drivers(such as BSOD) but...
What I wanted to ask is that if it was actually something else, like a memory leak or heavy ram usage.

As I mentioned, so far it only happens when moving the cursor away from the help popup(in which I kind of need almost every time). Any help are appreciated.

Last edited:

chrrsy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "help popup?"
(Oh, nevermind. I didn't see an image before, even though I opened the spoiler.)

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are your computer specs?

I can think of three possible causes for this
1) damaged drivers - try to redownload and reinstall the older driver if you have problems updating.
2) background program interfering
3) Computer at the limit of its capacity.

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "help popup?"
(Oh, nevermind. I didn't see an image before, even though I opened the spoiler.)

ZK1LV5u72KLzYlqTJXimno69w8fmiQF9_jMJBzLPRZis5l_ec6bLIoQNqIKzzrCdnOMzH_mk2eAonKYoq40BuZht0dcgeGnbirsBv1GmzPSAhEJ7VFx7dcpsMmcYtf9Fiv6hqw1WktNEqGaY5vjd97y8aPkDwryCwnhz0dCVErToP3e7ckmqMJ-7OQiBfAM3OBjn1kXNzu9IHZfqTfe7B8l5A5h_KwIZ3qpdI8op4PICW-WKo05hZ8xEzAOyH1hR6_rQ8fzfs1OqDlt0-qhQNRTYB4d3DNEKi_T-jj04fv_KPv23m8BXPKU7NRbMHOpoSnvtwfp-gvI7IY8Bif3T1yYl1lh8jk7mA_f2VxC7dtJL-62zjeJA4P4mwSY1979eAJtbxdTXt3bC4YrjqWiTNIZqaim28dVcc6-hvOyAXFmzSIu6jOZU1arKDgKby0lldn946RupgdJsljZlkEm02vxXDVxdORMJJXnVo_APyRwoFDqyKjjQPeI9Y5Ba8laPM3rIZ5dqkwX0Sj-dYoh5fHYb_vXpvzoKWlZLcoJhPrrHvh1oHlPTf_zwrYzmF4YVeDne4LvDF8GZgqQB67fjkfGz_3XG_KPG1wYHmg=w413-h139-no

Edit: No, my bad. That image on the first post was edited. I kind of in trouble choosing img hosting site back then.

What are your computer specs?

I can think of three possible causes for this
1) damaged drivers - try to redownload and reinstall the older driver if you have problems updating.
2) background program interfering
3) Computer at the limit of its capacity.

vz1fMEct-KIbU8ffEOfB6le3CGRAQU6HwTBodqNlZT8Z1S99fiJvIpOqPrrO_6I4nenxTyuUcb83y065KPr0lMm0vCxcVE2dJrQPYeYWXWn4TZWVmA9S3YGRiX_hPN4OsxQMXJrimqlOwdEh0_raOgpe2mFd8HH06fjm_rn_IBWePOF9NzADmn5bP6K1dpJTVP53pPCwHhr_jj0zwvcHB0XJ5eeCMGa4YgjUw1ukbh71dNsLuLMgtJvO9GMDf7HDvqbOGgfjuIp3FeY14Nf2JpD67MhCr6lu3fWZxUsj7mZEQGTYFEsbGAPH5bKqZijrzG_NE-n4FCaAIKj4elX79-dIPdvbkO5WJDXpPBJA2UnALRGS5NZP3hu-fu38kTsUvcCRc0b34mCJztFbEdGDq8HuOEfTG-Pw4v8VwPWcXUf5-g4kVzxJ0eFGWpRa4w6xykbeAHKybq_PxrpGOKIqilHC0nOEDn77A0GM1Uq8Pg51SIyz7WVMG7GyB_9h1wjZIkmDcqubTI9Gq-DeAHd4N4ZG1Bcx-GvZhwjfyssPaVk1A7OvMe7dxGlUmBLJ_riNo6l2vfUt1CSuMgUvHffgR1J8c-H_9r1vpBG80w=w841-h677-no

I am curious about the last 2 possibilities, may I hear more about it?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your Computer has some extreme unusual settings for your display card, and that reduced your RAM to barely above the minimum for MV.
Unfortunately you need to know what to do to even find those settings, and I don't have time ATM to explain it to you.
I hope I find the time later - if I haven't posted again by weekend please Tag me here to remind me.

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can read that on another time, right now I am just make do about those things and deal with it.
Frustrating if I am honest, but it's not worst than getting nothing on gacha games. So that can wait.

As for the setting you mentioned, I am not sure how to react to it... I barely even tweak it, and been doing a decent number of reinstallation including cleaned ones and reformat.
Yet, it is unknown if there are things that may mess the setting automatically. So I don't know if such event can be located for me to look at the events log.

And as you may already know, I can't change the Graphic Card.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The setting I've mentioned is usually in the BIOS, not under Windows, and rarely dynamic.
And the required value depends on what you plan to do, which means it might end with you changing the setting regularly on boot (without reinstalling anything).
But to do that you need to know when you need the RAM where, and that requires more explanations than I have time for now.

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... I am trying to bump this on weekend, but am I too late?
(Considering I already missed the last weekend...)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@uglywolf You can bump any day of the week, as long as it is 72 hours since the last post, so you're fine. However, Andar did say to tag him. What that means is that you type @ followed by the username. A drop-down menu of possible names appears underneath and you select the one you want.

I'll do it for you this time. @Andar

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes and no, but I have some time now so I try to explain it.

Display cards have two uses for RAM - one as a pixel storage that is always used for any display, and one as a texture storage that is used only for 3d calculations and no where else.
The pixel storage depends on the pixel size of the screen and usually several hundred MB only.
The texture storage can be anything, and the larger the texture storage the better the quality and settings on 3D programs.

However, your Computer has a shared memory display card. Which means that any memory assigned to the display card is removed from the memory available to Windows programs.
That is why your screenshots only show a physical memory that is barely above the minimum 2gb despite having 4gb installed.

And since we're talking about pure 2D display programs here, the memory set aside for textures (about 1gb or so) will remain completely unused.

Somewhere in the BIOS setup of your Computer there is a setting that tells it how much of the RAM should be set aside for the display card. That setting is usually not dynamic, requiring manual change during startup.

If you're short on memory and have a shared memory display card, it sometimes help to change that setting depending on what you want to do. That means reducing it to a smaller amount if you want to use only Windows and 2d programs (causing 3d games to fail or have bad quality display) or increasing the amount to higher numbers if you want to play 3d games.

However, this will require at least a minimum familiarity with BIOS settings to prevent real problems on your Computer - if you accidentally set a wrong option, you might have to restore slow defaults to even get the Computer to run again.

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry and thank you, @Kes .

@Andar
For some reason, this is somehow related to my computer went black screen(lcd turned off not because of sleep or anything while everything still running) whenever I launch some games.

As we already aware, that mostly happens because of overheating and all. However, in my case, it also happens right after the computer booted up and ready; even after such a long rest(should I mention about the newly replaced fan also?).

As for games running, it doesn't matter 2D, 3D, light, or heavy. Because even w*lfrpg engine would lead to such thing.

ofc, I already search for a way to resolve(for a long time) it. But yet to find the actual way to fix it... Only a way to make it happen later than soon. But that didn't help very much.

The people from services center doesn't seem to know much about it either(last year) and told me that I better off getting a new computer instead.

I wonder if this means I should just deal with it.
It's not that I am against of getting a new computer and all, just that I am rather "tight" at all time.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, that means that your computer has several errors. A lot of service personal doesn't have the experience and training to handle the interaction between several errors, and the black screen like you described is independent of the memory issue.
You should reduce the memory for the display card a bit while trying to find the other causes.

However, that goes beyond what we could help with over the Internet. There are a lot of possible causes that we simply can't check without sitting at the computer ourselves.

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried to find such settings thus far, but it wasn't anywhere be it bios or even gpu driver itself. I can only find the ones on msconfig, but I doubt that was it. So I leave it untouched. As usual, I am at lost.

PS: Sorry for late bumping. And I personally don't think a new thread about this are needed.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just bought VN Maker with 75% off, just for the assets.
IGMC is back everyone!
Fun challenge: Guess the name of this enemy!
Watchman.png
Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistercalvin