Strangers of the Power 2

Who will you choose to be the main protagonist?

• Samano

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Wilhelmine

• Slavia

• Hacathra

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Aurae

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Miwafin

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Michi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bentley

• Total voters

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Game will be 3,99$

Abstract

Strangers of the Power 2 is a sequel that seeks to improve and expand upon the formula of the original and help bring more of the same kind of a game that people got with the original.

Story

The castle within the town of Cloudfall has been taken over by an evil demon. Prince Helios has offered a huge bounty to anyone who's able to clear his family's castle and restore order into town. It is your task, as an adventurer to help defeat this evil, bring peace and gain whatever it is that's driving your own personal motivations.

Characters

There are 8 playable characters to choose a 4 person party from, the storyline has variations based on who's the leader. Click the character's thumbnail to see them in a bigger resolution!

Samano

Samano is a Ronin who hears about the demon and wants to do this job of slaying the demon to bring honor and wealth to her fame.

Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina is a country girl who loves to fight, the stronger the opponent the better. She thinks of herself as the greatest demon hunter ever and wants to kill the demon to prove that right.

Slavia

Slavia is a Sorceress who wants to capture the demon. She's not interested in money or fame, she just wants a plaything that she can torture for fun and no one will judge her, if it's an evil demon that she can use for her sadistic fun.

Hacatra

Hacatra is a cleric, as a spiritual and a follower of a light, she's by her very nature drawn towards the vanguish of the demon. She's not really interested in money or fame and feels that this is simply said, her duty to smite the evil.

Aurae

Aurae is a hunter and a mercenary. She does help people for small moneys and volunteers to aid in destroying the demon, in exchange for some money.

Miwafin

Miwafin is a genie, who has received a wish about the demon's demise. While Miwafin is not the most powerful genie in the world, she is determined to fulfill the wish and end the demon's rampage, no matter what the cost.

Michi

Michi is a fun loving catgirl, who spends most of her time doing cat things, like scratching things and being lazy. However, she volunteers destroying the demon in exchange for all the milk that she can drink. (She can drink a lot of milk.)

Bentley

Bentley is a pirate, who hears about the demon. This is no good for anyone and business would suffer, so she offers to get rid of the demon in exchange for gold and jewelry.

Social

Want to show your support for this project? Use this button in your signature and link it to this topic!

Features

• 8 playable characters to choose a 4 person party from
  • Playable classes; Samurai (Refined Strangers of the Power 1 Warrior), Sorcerer (Refined Strangers of the Power 1 Mage), Priest (NEW!), Warrior (NEW!), Martial Artist (NEW!), Genie (NEW!), Hunter (NEW!), Pirate (Refined Strangers of the Power 1 Rogue)
  • Leveled enemies for tougher gameplay, including more reason to back to town
  • Lengthier game
  • Alchemy
  • Custom rival system
  • Dynamic plot
  • Quest System
Screenshots

Last edited:

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow!! This is so cute and cool Tuomo! I love it!! :D Nice usage of those beautiful art packs! ^_^

Hmm, I think Hacathra shall be my protagonist because I love healers. xD

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I've done some calculation and after talking with people with even better math skills than me, I can tell something neat.

There are 1680 different options in Strangers of the Power in terms of team composition.

This is mostly due to the fact that the order of the characters is very important, the plot changes based on who you select first, second and so on. This doesn't take into account the Rival system, which is a custom made system specifically to designate each game you a rival based on several algorithms. This ensures a lot more replayability and the fact that even if you choose exact same characters on second playthrough, you may encounter entirely different sort of a Rival!

As for the Rival system and to give some idea of how complex it has been to create; as of writing this, the Rival system consists of 9 common events, 64 switches, 1 variable and 8 Javascript conditionals.

SleepyMachine

Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Woah! We're getting a sequel!? Score! It's looking amazing so far!

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm happy to introduce Laura, the alchemist in Strangers of the Power 2. She's a helpful NPC who'll create many potions for you or even upgrade existing ones.

Also, I made this fancy little button. If you want to show your support for making of this game, you can put it in your signature and link to this topic!

Last edited:

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks really cool! I would love to see a demo! ^^
For my main protagonist...Slavia...

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm happy to reveal the title screen for the game

The title screen is animated with particle effects and moving background layers, while each playable character gets shown on the title screen.

I also added a neat carousel at the first post which will contain all the screenshots, both old and new. Clicking the carousel brings you to the full sized pictures.

Last edited:

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking great so far, Tuomo! Any idea when you'll have a demo out?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking great so far, Tuomo! Any idea when you'll have a demo out?
I'll probably never make a demo. I've not made any demos for any of my games for the past several years. It's just so easy to find let's plays and reviews and what not nowadays on the internet plus Steam lets you refund the game if you play it less than two hours so you can try a game that way and see if it's your kind of a game or not.

This is a video that goes far more in depth into why I don't think making a demo is a good idea.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's actually a really fair and realistic explanation as to why a dev these days would opt out. I'm still working toward my first commercial release, so I have quite a bit to learn in that regard. Even still, the game looks promising. I'll look forward to playing.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like the idea of a swearing mechanic! Looks fun! XDDD
Do some of them work better than other on specific enemies?! Even if not it's still a fun gameplay mechanic.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the idea of a swearing mechanic! Looks fun! XDDD
Do some of them work better than other on specific enemies?! Even if not it's still a fun gameplay mechanic.
That's a fun idea but that'd limit the insults a bit. I wanted to also add some references and pop culture stuffs. So, yes, expect a tribute to "You Spoony bard!"

Flagred

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That a good looking game. I hope there is a beta of the game release. I means for the ones that support the game, they sure wish there is a beta or alpha release of this game so we can try on the game first before the game is fully released. Good work there. I hope this game will be improve further compare to Stranger of Power. Good job there and i looking forward to the release date of this game. Keep up the good work.

Gabrelik

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking good, Tuomo!

Shikashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The swearing and rival systems sound interesting. Nice job on the trailer ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

wake me up when Photoshop stop crashing everytime
Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monzki