Ragpuppy87

Apprentice Owl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm curious as to other people's thoughts on this upcoming game called "Stray".
Personally, I'm both curious and cautious. It looks interesting but I'm also very sensitive to any animals getting harmed in games or media in general...
I once played a small game entitled "A Street Cat's Tale" and it was the saddest and most depressing game I have ever played.
My own project also features some sad moments with cats. I actually dread having to rewrite it for the new version I'm working on.
So not sure how I'd handle a game over with a realistic looking kitty.. Probably not well. But the game mechanics look interesting as well as the story.
I'd be curious what others think.
It's neat to think that another developer although with a much bigger budget also sees the potential of a cat based game.

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks cute and interesting. I hope the kitty gets a happy ending.

lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, thank you for introducing me to this game, I'm adding this to my wishlist! I'm a big fan of puzzle games, and this looks so fun! The only thing I'm nervous about is potentially causing the cat to die -- if I fall in that toxic sludge and accidentally kill this realistic looking cat, I'll probably cry, haha. But if I can detach myself to avoid that kind of emotional reaction, I think i'll have a blast with this. The setting looks so unique, I love the robots and drones. Looks promising, I'll be keeping an eye on it!

User636

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks promising. I really like the setting and the gameplay looks pretty solid.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A must for me as a cat lover, the cat mechanics (tumble something over the counter with the paw, lie on pillows) are spot on funny for cat owners and 100% on character for a cat, looks very interesting and promising so i will check it whenever it comes out.

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had no idea this was a thing and now I desperately want it!

(If cats ever get drones and the knowhow to use them here in the real world, that's pretty much it for the human race.)

E: is this an AU Half Life fan game or something? those sure as **** look like headcrabs chasing the cat there.

2nd Edit: ok, those don't look like headcrabs, they flat out are headcrabs. the heck?

(idk if you'll be able to customize your cat in the final game but the cat in that video looks a LOT like my cat)

overlordmikey

BroCo. Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had no idea this was a thing and now I desperately want it!

(If cats ever get drones and the knowhow to use them here in the real world, that's pretty much it for the human race.)

E: is this an AU Half Life fan game or something? those sure as **** look like headcrabs chasing the cat there.

2nd Edit: ok, those don't look like headcrabs, they flat out are headcrabs. the heck?

(idk if you'll be able to customize your cat in the final game but the cat in that video looks a LOT like my cat)

The Black Mesa incident would have gone quite differently had we had cats on the job as opposed to some scientist with a crowbar.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magenz