BishoujoHelper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have warrior-type classes that get multiple attacks per round as they go up in level. That part already works, thanks to YEP_WeaponUnleash and some Lunatic Mode code. But one feature of the game that I'm converting to MV is that their attacks "stream" or "carryover" to other enemies if one is defeated.
For example, say Warrior with 8 attacks per round faces 10 wimpy Slimes, and each of the Warrior's attacks does slightly over 1/2 a Slime's HP. In default RMMV, 8 attacks thoroughly overkills one Slime. But I want it to instead kill one Slime by hitting it twice, then a second, third and fourth.
If one of the Warrior's attacks was enough to kill a Slime, then it would kill 8 of them per round. But against the Boss with 9999 HP, all 8 attacks would go against that one target, unless the Boss was very near its end.

Is there some known way to get this behavior?

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know of a way to do it that comes across slow in combat. To make the attack in the past, it would call up a common event that would make the user use the attack again, using a variable to keep track of how many times it was done. Since it's eight individual attacks instead of one attack done eight times, it will move to another enemy when done (might be random, though, I don't remember).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!
Batch converting .mp3 to .ogg files is making my computer soooo slow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madman