tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I am well aware that RPG Maker isn't designed for this resolution, and it is only even possible thanks to plugins, so I guess I should have expected that I wouldn't be able to align troops in the database editor.

Here is the problem, pictured:
I am just wondering if there is any other way to align my troops in the places I want them to show up in battle. Even some kind of text editor, note tags or what have you would work.

Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
some of the plugins that handle the battlescreen have the option to change the enemy placement relatively to the new screen size.
with them you position enemies as usual and the positions will be adjusted to what your real screen size is in battle.

I just don't know which those plugins are - I know yanfly had one but I don't know which one and if it is still free.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and it's free, but if you wish, i can give you mine.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Andar and @Soulrender . I actually do have the Yanfly plugin packs (the free and the not free one), I just didn't realize the Battle Engine Core offered that utility as well.

I gave the plugin a quick check, and I am assuming it is related to the Sprite Anchors section. I will study it a little and come back here if I don't figure it out by myself, if that is okay.

In the meantime, the user Tensuke on reddit suggested an alternative solution, it is this plugin. With it, you can add something like: <Position: 500 200> and it will place the enemy at the aforementioned pixels. However, you add that info to singular enemy note tags, it is not really editing enemy troops, so if you want to re-use an enemy later, but have it placed somewhere else on the screen, I assume you need to use a different enemy - a copy of the original.

Link to the .js : https://mrtrivelrpg.wordpress.com/2016/02/14/enemy-positions/

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That plugin won't help because It places an enemy on X, Y of screen. What if you will have a squad containing two or more enemies with the same coordinates? If you wish to achieve this effect:
2021-07-30 07_08_34-Spellzone 2.3.jpg

Then you must aim for plugin that will align troops, not enemies

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Soulrender Thank you for responding.

In that case, I'd want to have unique entries for each enemy, placing them specifically where they wouldn't overlap with each other. It would be a huge pain.

I do not want that effect, though. I want something like Paper Mario. Like this:

zc2NGXt.png

I was able to have the party members stay in formation with the FogoMax_SVBattlerPositionsExtended.js plugin. And by reading @Moon_Haven 's posts here.

Sadly, just like in their case, in my project both the battlers and even the enemy start the battle looking to the wrong direction (illustrated below). Moon_Haven was able to fix the issue by modifying the Yep Row Formation plugin, which I do own, what I don't own is the knowledge to change the X and Y position formulas the plugin offers.

--

DkAvcXD.png

Ngy293M.png

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I'm terribly sorry, but I cannot help you any more - of course, I have one more solution, but I only tell it when other top forum users fail to help you, because that method I'm thinking right now... Is pretty lame, time consuming and if you make a mistake processing it, your game might won't start.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I'm terribly sorry, but I cannot help you any more - of course, I have one more solution, but I only tell it when other top forum users fail to help you, because that method I'm thinking right now... Is pretty lame, time consuming and if you make a mistake processing it, your game might won't start.
No worries. I do appreciate all the help so far!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.
Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biscoitovelho