Stuck on creating a custom Barrier Gauge

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Darkstrife, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Darkstrife

Darkstrife Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, everyone. I'm not sure if this is the best spot for this question so please let me know if this is a mispost

The project I'm working on utilizes the Absorption Barrier plugin by Yanfly.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cpwyqp3yryczac/YEP_AbsorptionBarrier.js?dl=0

• I've done a great deal of working in balancing my combat system to utilize LOW numbers and my weapons, abilities etc.. are all balanced around the concept of piercing through, or breaking down barriers while maintaining the players barrier in order to survive
    • Because barriers are so important to to the games combat balance the plugin, "I" feel does not relay enough information to the player to make well informed decisions on what to do. So I wanted to separate the numbers for HP and Barrier into separate gauges to help track there both their barrier along with current HP

To try to solve this problem I used SumRndmDdes Battle Status Customizer to rebuild the HUD from scratch.
    http://sumrndm.site/battle-status-customizer/

While I was able to achieve a great deal with the tool, the problem that I am having is that I do not know how to create a SEPARATE gauge that tracks the absorption barrier.

NOTE: The Battle Status Customizer SumRndmDde does include a <Draw Absorption Barrier> notetag in the help file in the first file of the 2 part plugin. However this just does the same thing as the default HUD which is NOT what I'm looking for.

I attempted a couple of different things.

I noticed that the other fields in SuRndmDde Status references an actor variable. like actor.mhp actor.mmp etc.. and I found this actor in yanfly's script and tried using that to create a gauge of some kind. But to be honest it's getting a little outside of my realm and I'm not sure of what to do anymore
    Code actor.barrierate.jpg

From what I've gleaned from using the plugins and trying to understand the code (not really programmer so it's hard for me decipher) is that I need two more things to make this type of gauge and apply it to my HUD

a TextManager.Id for the absorption barrier to enter in for the absorption barrier. and some type of variable to reference a max value for the absorption barrier like for the other gauges ex. actor.mhp for example.

This is the only thing that I need to complete my Battle HUD.

I've done this so far
    test Results copy.jpg

What I want to achieve is this.
    Goal.jpg

If there is a way to do this without an additional Plugin that would be the best solution.
    If there is I just don't know how to get there.
    Let me know if there is anything else I could provide. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks