Stuck on loading on PC after deploying with unused files. Tried everything.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I clicked exclude unused files, and deployed a short demo of my game for a friend, and we keep getting stuck on the loading screen in battle. I am using Moghunter's Hud, and commands. They are in a folder called battle hud, and a folder called battlecomands. I added the folders to see if that would help, and it didn't. I cannot press F1 on my pc because it causes Microsoft help to come up instead of the console. I have Windows 8. The problem is I have to exclude files I am not using, because I do not want the game file to be too big.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a console screenshot of that moment, it might help identifying the cause.

Basically this happens if the engine cannot load a required resource for any reason - from damaged or missing file to illegal filenames everything is possible, and you need to identify which file that is to solve the problem.

Does this happen even if you do not exclude unused files? If not it means the file is one of the required plugin files and the block is because it was removed, if it happens even with full files then either the file is damaged or it has an illegal filename.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The editor cannot know what files a script uses, so your best best is to know for yourself what files you are and are not using.

Dad3353

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I start a new Project, I copy a complete Empty Project that I'd previously made by removing absolutely all unnecessary files, from the outset, rather than invoking 'New' from the Editor. This ensures that, as I advance my Project, the only files in there (png, BGM, SE, whatever...) have been put there my myself, because they're needed. I don't have to rely on 'exclude unused files', as there are none. Just sayin'; could be useful next time you're starting a Project..?

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Please give a console screenshot of that moment, it might help identifying the cause.

Basically this happens if the engine cannot load a required resource for any reason - from damaged or missing file to illegal filenames everything is possible, and you need to identify which file that is to solve the problem.

Does this happen even if you do not exclude unused files? If not it means the file is one of the required plugin files and the block is because it was removed, if it happens even with full files then either the file is damaged or it has an illegal filename.
I said I cannot bring. up the console, because on my computer F1 does something else. I don't understand scripting. No it doesn't do that when I don't exclude files.

@Dad3353 Sorry we must have been posting at the same time.I do delete png and music  files, but I use default sounds. So I don't know what sounds I am using, and not using is the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I said I cannot bring. up the console, because on my computer F1 does something else. I don't understand scripting. No it doesn't do that when I don't exclude files.

@Dad3353 Sorry we must have been posting at the same time.I do delete png and music  files, but I use default sounds. So I don't know what sounds I am using, and not using is the problem.

Console is F8 though?

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I don't know what sounds I am using, and not using is the problem.

And that's exactly the point. You should know what files you're using and remove any others yourself, because the editor can't read scripts and know what files are unused, so it is very likely that it removes files that one or more of your scripts are using. 

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This started happening to me.

What really stinks about it is that removed unused files used to work beautifully and now since the update it does not work correctly... which is a bummer. 

The only way to works correctly now upon deployment is not to click "Remove unused files".

When I click on it the game will hang on a black screen upon battle load. Just a black screen and music in the background. 

I am using totally different scripts from @Rose Guardian, no Mog Hunters or battle commands. Mostly Yanfly. This option used to work well until the engine update. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com