cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently experiencing stuttering and jittering when moving in all my maps.

I do not know what the cause is. Is this a common issue with RPG Maker MV?

Any suggestions?

TypicalPlayer82692

Spooky Boi
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have any unchecked/forgotten events with parallel processes on them?
If I remember correctly if you have a few of those doing certain tasks unchecked they can cause problems such as the one you are experiencing.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sometimes the Testplay seem to stuttering for no reason, restarting with F5 or restarting Testplay all together normaly solves that. Gladly i have not seen that in a Deployed Game yet.

Another possibility would be some kind of Parallel Event giving the Player a Moveroute Over and Over again?
Even if that Moveroute just contains a Graphic change or a Speedchange or something like that.

Else you could try one of your Project Backup Copys and see if its there too.

Maybe its one of the Plugins you use.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the screen size of yourproject?
if your screen size is not divisable by the grid size (48 pixel), then it will create some jitter when the engine has to fit in partial grid sections.

Reactions: Bex

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have any unchecked/forgotten events with parallel processes on them?
If I remember correctly if you have a few of those doing certain tasks unchecked they can cause problems such as the one you are experiencing.
Nope. I double checked and there are no unchecked or parallel process events.

Here is a link of the issue. You can tell more when you are playing the game but randomly it will stutter/jitter with no FPS drops. Things feel very choppy in general when it should be smooth.

Sometimes the Testplay seem to stuttering for no reason, restarting with F5 or restarting Testplay all together normaly solves that. Gladly i have not seen that in a Deployed Game yet.

Another possibility would be some kind of Parallel Event giving the Player a Moveroute Over and Over again?
Even if that Moveroute just contains a Graphic change or a Speedchange or something like that.

Else you could try one of your Project Backup Copys and see if its there too.

Maybe its one of the Plugins you use.
There aren't any parallel events and restarting the testplay does not solve the issue.

Here is a link of the issue. You can tell more when you are playing the game but randomly it will stutter/jitter with no FPS drops. Things feel very choppy in general when it should be smooth.

I'll create a backup and see if a plugin is causing issues.

what is the screen size of yourproject?
if your screen size is not divisable by the grid size (48 pixel), then it will create some jitter when the engine has to fit in partial grid sections.
the screen size is 1920 x 1080
Here is a link of the issue. You can tell more when you are playing the game but randomly it will stutter/jitter with no FPS drops. It feels very choppy when things should be smooth.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is 40x22.5 tiles - and as I said above a screen size that is not full tile divisable has problems.
I suggest you change screen size to 1920x1056, that will give you two tiny black borders but should make the screen more stable.

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is 40x22.5 tiles - and as I said above a screen size that is not full tile divisable has problems.
I suggest you change screen size to 1920x1056, that will give you two tiny black borders but should make the screen more stable.
Oh.
Is it not possible to get 1080p resolution with RPG Maker MV? I want recorded game play to be clear on laptops and phones.

Edit: changing the resolution to 1920 x 1056 did not fix the issue.

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My FPS is always at 60, and I get this too. It happens randomly.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it not possible to get 1080p resolution with RPG Maker MV? I want recorded game play to be clear on laptops and phones.
it will be clear, because the graphic card usually adds the missing pixels to 1080 - that is the black border I wrote about above.
the "blur" you're probably thinking off only happens on zooming, which means if a much lower screen size needs to be multiplied for display. for example if the game is 800x600 and would have that multiplied to 1920x1080,that would cause blur.
It happens randomly.
no - there is absolutely no randomness in any computer. There is always a direct reason, it's just sometimes difficult to find.

You both might want to read my tutorial on bughunting in my signature.

That said, what core-version is your project? go to your project folder, js folder and use a text editor to open the rpg_core.js file. then check the number in the title line - no number means 1.0
It should be either 1.5.2 or 1.6.2 depending on which plugins you want to use.
if it is much older - the first few core versions had problems that look like jitter. In such case you should consider updating the core (remember a backup!!!)

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar The core version I have is v1.6.1. As Bex already mentioned above, pressing F5 does temporarily fix the issue when it does happen. The stutter/jitter doesn't come all of the time, but when it does, it begins right away not later during the test play (for me anyways). It stays like that until you press F5 or restart the test play. When I launch test play and there is no stutter/jitter initially, the game runs smoothly the whole time. I will update to 1.6.2 and see if that fixes it.

Last edited:

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it will be clear, because the graphic card usually adds the missing pixels to 1080 - that is the black border I wrote about above.
the "blur" you're probably thinking off only happens on zooming, which means if a much lower screen size needs to be multiplied for display. for example if the game is 800x600 and would have that multiplied to 1920x1080,that would cause blur.

no - there is absolutely no randomness in any computer. There is always a direct reason, it's just sometimes difficult to find.

You both might want to read my tutorial on bughunting in my signature.

That said, what core-version is your project? go to your project folder, js folder and use a text editor to open the rpg_core.js file. then check the number in the title line - no number means 1.0
It should be either 1.5.2 or 1.6.2 depending on which plugins you want to use.
if it is much older - the first few core versions had problems that look like jitter. In such case you should consider updating the core (remember a backup!!!)
Thanks for clearing the resolution thing up.
The core-version of my project is 1.62, so there should be no issues.

In terms of randomness, it does feel random but the jitter/stutter happens like every 5-10 seconds.
I'll try testing which plugin might be causing the issue...... I hope it is a plugin because it is quite jarring and frustrating to deal with.

My FPS is always at 60, and I get this too. It happens randomly.
Mine happens every 5-10 seconds and its incredibly jarring imo. If I was playing a 2D game that had this issue I'd definitely be frustrated. Hopefully I can figure it out.

woop

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is a link of the issue. You can tell more when you are playing the game but randomly it will stutter/jitter with no FPS drops. It feels very choppy when things should be smooth.
What hz monitor are you playing it on? I've experienced similar jittering on my 144 hz monitor, even with a fps sync plugin, but everything will run smoothly on my 60 hz monitor.

cokes1999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What hz monitor are you playing it on? I've experienced similar jittering on my 144 hz monitor, even with a fps sync plugin, but everything will run smoothly on my 60 hz monitor.
I just fixed it! Turns out it was the Synch Monitor FPS plugin. Once I turned it off the jittering stopped.

Reactions: Bex

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

@cokes1999 , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've merged your posts together. You can actually quote more than one post by using the +Quote button or alternatively you can @ someone, like this @cokes1999.

If your problem is solved, please report your post and we'll close this thread.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaClownnn