Skotty TV
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

STV_CraftSystem
v1.4.1

This plugin adds a simple Craft System to your Game.
You can learn Recipes with script commands and set up
the needed ingredients and crafting speed for each item.
Also includes own leveling System!

Changelog:
v1.4.1 - Bug Fixes
v1.4 - Added possibility for Rolling Crafted Items.
v1.3.1 - Bug Fixes
v1.3 - Added Level System and new Script functions

v1.2 - Bug Fixes and Gold Cost possibility
v1.1 - Slightly improved Visuals
v1.0 - Basic Functionality

Terms of Usage:
Credit -> SkottyTV
Non-Commercial Games -> Free To Use
Commercial Games -> Contact me via mail

eMail:
info@skotty-tv.de

Script Commands:
$gameSystem.learnToCraft("item",9);----------------# Learn to Craft Item with ID 9.
$gameSystem.learnToCraft("weapon",14);-------# Learn to Craft Weapon with ID 14.
$gameSystem.learnToCraft("armor",3,20);---- # Learn to Craft Armor with ID 3 to 20.

$gameSystem.learnToCraftTyp("item");---------------------# Learn to Craft all items.
$gameSystem.learnToCraftTyp("weapon");--------------# Learn to Craft all weapons.
$gameSystem.learnToCraftTyp("armor");------------------# Learn to Craft all armors.

$gameSystem.forgetToCraftTyp("item");-------------------# Forget to Craft all items.
$gameSystem.forgetToCraftTyp("weapon");------------# Forget to Craft all weapons.
$gameSystem.forgetToCraftTyp("armor");----------------# Forget to Craft all armors.

$gameSystem.learnToCraftAll();----------------------------------- # Learn to Craft all
$gameSystem.forgetToCraftAll();---------------------------------# Forget to Craft all

$gameSystem.getCraftLevel();----------------- # Gives out the actual Crafting Level.

Item Note Tags:
<craft:3*7*i>----------------------------# To Craft you need 3 times Item ID 7.
<craft:3*7*i,2*14*w>---------------------# To Craft you need 3 times Item ID 7
----------------------------------# and 2 times Weapon ID 14.

<craft:3*7*i,2*14*w,1*2*a>-------------- # To Craft you need 3 times Item ID 7,
--------------------------------# 2 times Weapon ID 14 and 1 times Armor ID 2

<craftspeed:20>------ # Override the default Craftspeed. This is 20% (slower).
<craftspeed:150>-----# Override the default Craftspeed. This is 150% (faster).
<craftcost:287>--# Override the default Craftcost. This item will cost 287 Gold.
<craftxp:57> ---------- # Override the default Craftxp. This item will give 57xp.
<craftlevel:15>----# Override the default Craftlevel. This item will need Level 15.
<craftrolls:20,21,22>---# Crafting this Item can get you item with id 20, 21 or 22.

Open Scene Code:
SceneManager.push(Scene_CraftSystem);

Tutorial for Visustella Menu Core:

Download:

Attachments

Last edited:

wyhzcm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
CHINANESE
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you set a production price for each item? This makes this plugin suitable for entrusting others to build weapons, etc. I sincerely hope that you can consider my opinion, so that your plugin can be better than before:kaopride:

Last edited:

wyhzcm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
CHINANESE
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your plug-in looks beautiful and looks great!

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Your plugin is amazing. There are some incompatibilities happening though.
For example, if I open the window scene from the menu and I haven't learned any items to craft, when I try clicking and going back I get an error.
To fix that, I immediately taught the character at least 1 recipe for Item, Weapon and Armor. This way, it's working fine.

SkottyTV

Skotty TV
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@evertonera pls always use -> SceneManager.push(Scene_CraftSystem);
to call the Crafting Menu. I tried hard but cant reproduce your error. Also there is a new Version 1.2, pls download and try again! (also make sure your item notetags are written correctly -> <craft:3*7*i,2*14*w,1*2*a> tell me if it work for you now.

Marston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
This is exactly what I need! So thanks for creating something like this already! :D

However, there are 2 additions I would like to see:
- Remove the crafting time alltogether, so you basically end up with a shop with ingredients (this may already be possible?)
- Allow us to learn how to craft all items in a certain range. For example, if I want to learn 20 items with the IDs 21-40, I currently would need to learn each one seperately. If I could just learn all in this regions at once it would ease up so much work.

SkottyTV

Skotty TV
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Marston be able to disable the Crafting Time Prozess is coming next update. But the new Version 1.3 has now the possibility to learn more items at once :) Hope you like it. Also there is a new option: Leveling System :uswt:

Marston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Ah, great, I will test that at once!

Okay, that works. I do have a bug though. If there is not a single recipie in a certain category you can still choose the first empty option and get an error.
For example, if I plan to make recipies only temporary available. Let's sayI can have things like a forge for weapons and an alchemist for items. Both only have their own items available (so I use the "Forget all" scriptcall after I am done). I can still choose from all 3 sectopons (Items, Weapons, Armor) and as said, can enter every category but then get a crash. The error is just that it can't read the ingredients (well, duh, there is no item there to read from).

Last edited:

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh man! You're doing an excellent job, the leveling system will be fantastic. Keep up the good work! Waiting anxiously!
I'm so silly, I didn't notice you had already updated it.
One word: PERFECTION!
Your crafting system is fantastic, especially now with the experience and the option to adjust the crafting time...

I have only 1 thing to ask: would it be possible to add like a randomizer for the item crafted? There was a plugin for MV that randomized every item you got in the game (weapon and armor). So you could add a value to change the original number, to go up or down. I'm really looking for something like that, to randomize all the items and give that "grind" and "farm" meaning to the game.
I have created 8 different qualities for EACH WEAPON and EACH ARMOR in my game, but it's really frustrating, because even though they differ in numbers, it's a fixed value. It would be great if there was an option to turn on the "randomize item crafted", so you would try to make a sword and it could come with bad rolls or amazing rolls.
Sorry to ask that here, it's just an idea, maybe you are already thinking about that, maybe not. Just commenting.
But again, fantastic job. I can't thank you enough. You've made my week with this plugin!

Last edited:

Marston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Okay, one thing that would REALLY help me out if you could implement it:
Would it be possible to have items only appear if a certain item of the recipie is owned? For example, if I would like to strengthen a weapon, could you make the craftable "upgrade" only appear (even if the recipie is learned) if the weapon is owned? Maybe via a notetag "requires:x" there X would be the item/weapon/armor ID or IDs.

darklugia1997

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin is beautiful, but I found an error, if you open the craft scene and you click on something empty of the following error "Cannot read property 'ingredients' of undefined.

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The plugin is beautiful, but I found an error, if you open the craft scene and you click on something empty of the following error "Cannot read property 'ingredients' of undefined.
It happens the same with me. To "fix" that, I create an event that teaches at least 1 Item, 1 Weapon and 1 Armor.
That's it. No more problems.

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Amazing job as usual! Congrats SkottyTV!

SkottyTV

Skotty TV
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@evertonera Thank you :D v1.4 is out ->
Now you can create Item Rolling with notetag: <craftroll:14,15,16,.....>

IMPORTANT: You can only roll items out of same Category. Say you want to craft HandAxe (ID19)
and inside the HandAxe notetag you have: <craftroll:20,21,22>
than crafting this HandAxe can only give you Weapon with id 20,21 or 22. All same chance.

If the craftitem dont have that notetag it will craft itself every time.
If you want that item to also have a chance to craft itself you need to add its own ID like this ->

<craftroll:19,20,21,22>

but can also be like this:

<craftroll:22,19,21,20>

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I loved the idea, but I'm getting this error everytime I try to craft something.
Just to let to know about another bug: sometimes I can craft a certain item, sometimes I can't. But the results are bugged. I'm trying to craft a potion, I inserted correctly all the ingredients, but I keep getting a weapon as a result. If I can be of any help, just let me know.

1599172173283.png

Last edited:

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@SkottyTV Because the project is more than 600mb, I made a video to show you. For some strange reason, whenever I craft an ITEM, it creates a Weapon. I try to force the new roll event, but I still get random weapons crafted instead.
By the way, I tried turning all my other plugins off, but still got Weapons in return for the crafting.
Here's the video:

SkottyTV

Skotty TV
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I should not working on Plugins past 0:00.... big mistake from me here xD gimme some minutes...

Update: v1.4.1 is here. Everything should work fine now! Thanks for your Help!

Last edited:

evertonera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Working 100% perfectly!!!! You are awesome Skotty!
The rolls are working properly, randomizing the crafting.

10/10
I can't thank you enough for your work with this plugin!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Slaving away at more maps. :LZSwink:
Accidentally zoomed the browser in on the forums page, here... and I think I'm going to just leave it. #OldPeopleProblems
Spooktober Spooktacular Game Jam Winners announcements start now! Live on stream! See who won!
so, I've begun the process of restructuring my game's base setup entirely after feeling disheartened with progress and talking to a friend. I think I'm headed in the right direction now.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and I'm so excited! I've been exploring MZ a little, and I just downloaded Effekseer to make new animations. I have experience in 3D animation software, so I'll be pretty good at the whole "particle" thing. My first game on MZ will be Fantasy Force--starring a griffin, a dragon, and a pegasus fighting against the Dragon of Darkness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbzikowany