[STV] Plugins | STV_BeastBook

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Skotty TV, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Skotty TV

Skotty TV Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German, English

Hey!

For now i have no idea why it does this, to many picture info for RPG Maker engine i guess...

pls try this:

This Plugin will preload all resources you want,

try to set this up with all battlebackgrounds and enemy pics.

Pls let me know if that worked!

2. Skotty TV

First Language:
    German, English

Hey there!

Difficulty:

The BeastBook took all infos from the Enemies.Json (The Enemy Database) which it should.

The Difficulty Plugin only change values during a fight which is not a proper way of doing it. So i cant read this infos, im sry.

Add/Remove:

A newer version (v2.5) is out! Please download it and try the PluginCommands -> "BeastBook show X" and "BeastBook hide X"

(these commands will overwrite the "hide" notetag!)

Greetz from Germany! BD

Marston likes this.
  3. Skotty TV

First Language:
    German, English

A newer version (v2.5) is out!

Now you can set up the maximum used Enemies inside the PluginParameters.

Under ---Functions--- there is now a parameter called "Max Beasts" there you can put the number "300"

to only use the first 300 enemies.

Hope i got you right.

4. Marston

Marston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the second option though, that will probably help quite a bit. xD

Edit:

Now that I am actually using that thing, I do have a few questions/suggestions. xD

- Is there a way to completely hide the enemy skills? I have two problems with it. First, I am using Yanfly's Battle AI, which allows me to force enemies to use certain skills under specific circumstances and those skills don't have to be part of their normal skill slots and are therefore not shown in the BeastBook Skill section. Secondly, I have some enemies that use only one attack, but more often the lower their HP are. This however results in said skill being several times in the BeastBook. It looks like this. For the first problem, I could simply add those skills, but the second one needs some work from you (maybe look at the skill ID?)

- Is there a way to remove the kill counter? I just don't need it. xD

- I am also using Yanfly's Element Absorb, which isn't shown in the BeastBook. Instead of maybe adding the whole absorb thingy (unless you want to do that! xD), would it be possible to add a notetag to a specific enemy which uses the element ID and ads "Absorbed" or something similar to it instead of a percentage? So instead of "Fire: 200%" you would get "Fire: Absorbed".

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2016
  5. Lionheart_84

Lionheart_84 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian

Thank you so much !!! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Very good!!! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

It was just what I needed !!! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

And one thing ... how do I do that every 25% of the bestiary completed receive a prize ???  :D

6. Val

Val Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Français

Hey Skotty, 

To resolved the issue, I decided to put to FALSE to show battleback image on background. :(  No more crash when scrolling too fast.

But I wanted to ask you if you can make your new version 2.5 compatible with the old 2.4a version? 

Because right now, If I update and start to play my games with an old saves files, the game crash when I get to the Beast Book.

Is there a way for you to make the update version but to make sure the people who update your plugin can still play with there saves games? 

7. watermark

watermark Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Is there a way for this plug-in to automatically add enemies after you fight them? I mean for set enemies I can just use the current commands in the troop events, but what about enemies that are randomly selected? Such as those by Yanfly's Swap Enemies?

8. Marston

Marston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Okay, aside from the things I mentioned above, there are two more things that bother me.

- Would it b possible to sort of resize the Weakness/Strength window? At the moment as soon as a fifth element is in there you can no longer see it, and I have certain enemies/bosses that are strong/weak to all my 8 elements.

- Another thing for the listed skills, if your enemy has way to many skills, it just goes on and on and on. Would it be possible to set a "max count" for skills or something? Because if you have too many skills, you get something like this (you can also see the weakness thing in there): 

[​IMG]

9. Lionheart_84

Lionheart_84 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    I noticed a bug ... !!! I have over "500" monsters in my data ... and the plugin I set MAX "300" ... just that if I defeat the monster "#320" ... gives me this error ...

"Can not set property 'discovered' of undefined" ...   

Can you solve ???...

10. Marston

Marston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Any updates for the "bugs"?

11. Alisa

Alisa Warper Member

First Language:
    Russia
    I ran into such problem:

[​IMG]

This error appears when to the book a monster was added, I chosen him, examined. I press an output and this error appears. I influenced everything correctly, probably. What is a problem in?

12. KinoCornell

KinoCornell Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have the new 2.5 version of the Plugin, but whenever I try to change any of the parameters in the Plugin menu, it doesn't change them. It just always displays the way it would with the default plugin settings. No matter what I change. Any idea why this might be happening?

13. NeoJ

NeoJ Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello! Well, first of all, I must say I like very much your beastiary plugin. Actually, I liked it so much that I added a few features, but I don't know your terms (is it so?) about it.

On any case I write them down here:

- Now the enemy skill list doesn't show "duplicated" skills. When you set an enemy with Attack rate 5, and another Attack rate 4, both Attack skill were shown. Now it shows only one.
    - Added support for state rates and state inmunities. It works like the parameters and description window, when you press the confirm button the element window changes to show states instead.
    - Now you can choose increase the element/states window to show 8 elements/states rather than 4. The index window therefor reduces its size.
    - Now color rates are more similar to Yanfly's Status menu core plugin (well, I must say I used code in that plugin for this one). The color for each rate range are customizable.
    - Now you can choose text rather than numbers for elements/states resistances. So Fire: 50% would be Fire: Weak.

Maybe I could share the plugin, but I've said I don't know about the terms. On any case I'm a begginer scripter (if I could be called so...) and it's likely there's going to be bugs in what I wrote.

P.S: Forgive my English.

WallyScag likes this.
  14. Alcestra

Alcestra Warper Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I cant seem to get the book to open from the menu what do i do?

15. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Alcestra please describe the steps you have done (how you installed/configured the plugin) and which version of the core files your project has, then we can check where the problem might be.

16. Alcestra

Alcestra Warper Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    i have installed it and tried adding it in to the menu with yanflys menu maneger, and i got it to appear in the menu but it wont open.

17. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    But how did you install it? and how did you add it to yanfly's menu?
    You have made a mistake when you did, and the only way to find that mistake is by posting the exact lines you entered to make that happen.

18. Alcestra

Alcestra Warper Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I installed it with the dropbox link and put the js file in the plugin folder like you normaly would,then i changed the file behavior in the beast book from 2 to 3 and proceeded to add it in to the menu maneger in the same way as you would add the quest book only difference is that the main bind for the beast book is blank.

19. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is not enough info - what is "the same way"?
    Please give screenshots of exactly the settings you made, because something you did is wrong, and we need to find that wrong part.

20. Alcestra

Alcestra Warper Member

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Attached Files: