[STV] Plugins | STV_MonsterCards

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Skotty TV, Jun 25, 2017.

1. falken14

falken14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I did actually manage to edit the code to fit bigger cards, and also to hide some of the categories. It takes a lot of trial and error though, and you have to do it for multiple elements as JGreene mentioned, and in multiple windows (album and deck).

I also attempted to make a few minigames using the script calls provided, but I ran into trouble as, for some reason, the '$monsterCards.randomDeckCard();' command would start throwing up errors in the console. I'm sure it was just a matter of rearranging some plugins, but between this and the trouble of re-formatting the card album and deck album, it just got a bit hard. It's a shame that the script writer didn't develop it a bit more, but as it stands, it can be used for a card collection/battle game as JGreene demonstrated.

I think you could recreate Triple Triad with the help of this plugin, but it would still be a fairly challenging task in terms of eventing, and you would have to add more card attributes in the code: at least one more to cover the four numbers, and another for card element (there's only three (atk, def, and hp) currently; the alternative to this is to store these values in [5 * # of unique cards] variables). If someone can do it, well done, and please share!

(OT: I'm still thinking about how to do TT with eventing only, as I think that's possible too, but I got stuck on a few things. I might start a thread to get some help on it).

2. JGreene

JGreene Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Triple Triad can be done through eventing. Someone else had claimed to be working on it a while back. There's also a version of it for VX Ace, though no download -> youtube link.

The only problem would possibly be event flooding and severe lag depending on what rules you use and how long any given match goes on (in ties and sudden death etc.)

3. AdamSakuru

AdamSakuru [Null_Value] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Anyone know why you can't download the original demo as a whole anymore?

4. falken14

falken14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I just clicked on the link, and on the first page, go to the top right and hit 'download-->direct download'. You can copy the 'www' folder into a clean project if you want to see how SkottyTV set up the demo.

I wanted to try and use this plugin again, but I don't think this works in v1.61 (or I'm doing something stupid). In a clean v1.61 project with all other plugins [OFF], I keep getting this error with the 'get a random card ID out of the deck' script call, which is completely hindering any attempt at a card game setup:

Code:
    TypeError: Cannot read property '_id' of undefined
        at Monster_Cards.randomDeckCard (STV_MonsterCards.js:1315)
        at eval (eval at Game_Interpreter.command122 (rpg_objects.js:9444), <anonymous>:1:15)
        at Game_Interpreter.command122 (rpg_objects.js:9444)
        at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8930)
        at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8838)
        at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6115)
        at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:6022)
        at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:608)
        at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:600)
        at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:589)
    This is the part of the plugin that handles this (line 1311-1318):

Code:
        // Return Random Deck Card
        Monster_Cards.prototype.randomDeckCard = function() {
            if (this.isDeckFull) {
                var random = Math.floor((Math.random() * this.playerDeck.length) + 1);
                var cardId = this.playerDeck[random]._id;
                return cardId;
            }
        };
    @JGreene, I can see in the project file for your card battle demo that you're using this call in a common event repeatedly, and the game doesn't seem to crash. Am I doing something wrong?

5. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skotty TV, sorry to bother you. I have to inform you that everything works fine. Except, it prevents me from testing troops. It is required Test_MonsterCards.json. Please help me because I will remove it for now so. I can test enemies troops. Thank you for your amazing plugin. Capture.PNG

6. falken14

falken14 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Kupotepo I got around this by copying the 'MonsterCards.json' file and re-naming it 'Test_MonsterCards.json'.

Kupotepo likes this.
  7. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    falken14 likes this.
  8. Delta75

Delta75 Warper Member

First Language:
    Fran├žais
    Hello I am a french member. I used your plugin to try to complete it as an event to make a mini battle card game.
    I found your plugin great. If you want a version of my game it will be dl in some time. If you want a demo mini game with translated dialogs I can do it.
    Good it will be english google trad I read it well but writes and pronounces it badly. : D
    It will take a little time. I enclose a video. Well it's French quality is bad, it's my camstudio lager and I have to improve the graph.
    Why did the Lapaon sequence have a bug? I will check.
    But even in French and with not good music we understand the principle.
    I will try to multiply the rules. Open, battle in three shots. Level of the opponent. For now 6 cards are made there will be 33 in all the data are already made.
    Thank you again for your nice plugin.
    See you.
    By and large randomly we choose who begins. Then the card that starts using his ATK attacks the DEF of the opponent if the ATK equals the DEF we can not do anything and it passes to the neighbor's turn. If the ATK defeats ATK - DEF = and the result is removed to HP. Example if ATK is 2 and DEF 1 2-1 = 1 remove 1 HP point from the opposing card.

Moxy likes this.
  9. fezaterka

fezaterka Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hi friend i am trying to add my cards but its still blank its not showing the cards
    thanks

10. fezaterka

fezaterka Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    friend, how i delete some cards?

11. Pokemonfan

Pokemonfan Warper Member

First Language:
    Polish