falken14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there.
I kindly ask how would you such a thing, just like Blackxwolf asked for. Bigger cards surely would be lovely.

Also, would there be a way to create the famous Triple Triad from the Final Fantasy serie with this plugin?

I thank you all for your kindness and patience in advance.
I did actually manage to edit the code to fit bigger cards, and also to hide some of the categories. It takes a lot of trial and error though, and you have to do it for multiple elements as JGreene mentioned, and in multiple windows (album and deck).

I also attempted to make a few minigames using the script calls provided, but I ran into trouble as, for some reason, the '$monsterCards.randomDeckCard();' command would start throwing up errors in the console. I'm sure it was just a matter of rearranging some plugins, but between this and the trouble of re-formatting the card album and deck album, it just got a bit hard. It's a shame that the script writer didn't develop it a bit more, but as it stands, it can be used for a card collection/battle game as JGreene demonstrated.

I think you could recreate Triple Triad with the help of this plugin, but it would still be a fairly challenging task in terms of eventing, and you would have to add more card attributes in the code: at least one more to cover the four numbers, and another for card element (there's only three (atk, def, and hp) currently; the alternative to this is to store these values in [5 * # of unique cards] variables). If someone can do it, well done, and please share!

(OT: I'm still thinking about how to do TT with eventing only, as I think that's possible too, but I got stuck on a few things. I might start a thread to get some help on it).

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Triple Triad can be done through eventing. Someone else had claimed to be working on it a while back. There's also a version of it for VX Ace, though no download -> youtube link.

The only problem would possibly be event flooding and severe lag depending on what rules you use and how long any given match goes on (in ties and sudden death etc.)

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Anyone know why you can't download the original demo as a whole anymore?

falken14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyone know why you can't download the original demo as a whole anymore?
I just clicked on the link, and on the first page, go to the top right and hit 'download-->direct download'. You can copy the 'www' folder into a clean project if you want to see how SkottyTV set up the demo.

I wanted to try and use this plugin again, but I don't think this works in v1.61 (or I'm doing something stupid). In a clean v1.61 project with all other plugins [OFF], I keep getting this error with the 'get a random card ID out of the deck' script call, which is completely hindering any attempt at a card game setup:

Code:
TypeError: Cannot read property '_id' of undefined
    at Monster_Cards.randomDeckCard (STV_MonsterCards.js:1315)
    at eval (eval at Game_Interpreter.command122 (rpg_objects.js:9444), <anonymous>:1:15)
    at Game_Interpreter.command122 (rpg_objects.js:9444)
    at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8930)
    at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8838)
    at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6115)
    at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:6022)
    at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:608)
    at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:600)
    at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:589)
This is the part of the plugin that handles this (line 1311-1318):

Code:
    // Return Random Deck Card
    Monster_Cards.prototype.randomDeckCard = function() {
        if (this.isDeckFull) {
            var random = Math.floor((Math.random() * this.playerDeck.length) + 1);
            var cardId = this.playerDeck[random]._id;
            return cardId;
        }
    };
@JGreene, I can see in the project file for your card battle demo that you're using this call in a common event repeatedly, and the game doesn't seem to crash. Am I doing something wrong?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skotty TV, sorry to bother you. I have to inform you that everything works fine. Except, it prevents me from testing troops. It is required Test_MonsterCards.json. Please help me because I will remove it for now so. I can test enemies troops. Thank you for your amazing plugin.Capture.PNG

falken14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kupotepo I got around this by copying the 'MonsterCards.json' file and re-naming it 'Test_MonsterCards.json'.

Delta75

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
Hello I am a french member. I used your plugin to try to complete it as an event to make a mini battle card game.
I found your plugin great. If you want a version of my game it will be dl in some time. If you want a demo mini game with translated dialogs I can do it.
Good it will be english google trad I read it well but writes and pronounces it badly. : D
It will take a little time. I enclose a video. Well it's French quality is bad, it's my camstudio lager and I have to improve the graph.
Why did the Lapaon sequence have a bug? I will check.
But even in French and with not good music we understand the principle.
I will try to multiply the rules. Open, battle in three shots. Level of the opponent. For now 6 cards are made there will be 33 in all the data are already made.
Thank you again for your nice plugin.
See you.
By and large randomly we choose who begins. Then the card that starts using his ATK attacks the DEF of the opponent if the ATK equals the DEF we can not do anything and it passes to the neighbor's turn. If the ATK defeats ATK - DEF = and the result is removed to HP. Example if ATK is 2 and DEF 1 2-1 = 1 remove 1 HP point from the opposing card.

fezaterka

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hi friend i am trying to add my cards but its still blank its not showing the cards
thanks

fezaterka

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
friend, how i delete some cards?

Pokemonfan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made my own battle system
its like
you take random card from deck
and your opponent
its random who is first
when is your round:
if you ATK is greater than opponent DEF
you can take HP
same in opponent round
(my english sucks)

alexis9000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

I just won't rest until I solve this sheep.....

marijnbrussel

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! The download link doesn't work and I was wondering if maybe you could send the plugin? This would fit perfectly into my game.
Cheers!

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! The download link doesn't work and I was wondering if maybe you could send the plugin? This would fit perfectly into my game.
Cheers!
STV_MonsterCards_JGreeneVer.js (Altered Version, fix some bugs)
I have the DEMO file, but cannot upload it at the moment. Let me know if you want it. I can upload it ASAP.

Attachments

dragon1up

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did actually manage to edit the code to fit bigger cards, and also to hide some of the categories. It takes a lot of trial and error though, and you have to do it for multiple elements as JGreene mentioned, and in multiple windows (album and deck).

I also attempted to make a few minigames using the script calls provided, but I ran into trouble as, for some reason, the '$monsterCards.randomDeckCard();' command would start throwing up errors in the console. I'm sure it was just a matter of rearranging some plugins, but between this and the trouble of re-formatting the card album and deck album, it just got a bit hard. It's a shame that the script writer didn't develop it a bit more, but as it stands, it can be used for a card collection/battle game as JGreene demonstrated.

I think you could recreate Triple Triad with the help of this plugin, but it would still be a fairly challenging task in terms of eventing, and you would have to add more card attributes in the code: at least one more to cover the four numbers, and another for card element (there's only three (atk, def, and hp) currently; the alternative to this is to store these values in [5 * # of unique cards] variables). If someone can do it, well done, and please share!

(OT: I'm still thinking about how to do TT with eventing only, as I think that's possible too, but I got stuck on a few things. I might start a thread to get some help on it).
Just wondering if you have the set-up for using it in these dimensions
1280x720

As I plan to use another base project to bounce off to redesign the card game to suit another project, I plan to use bigger cards also and a bigger card back which is: 320x460 and the same dimensions for the actual cards instead. I can remake the health and stuff to be bigger etc, just want to know what set-up you have used :)

Chez

TheLastYuriSamurai
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I definitely could use the demo link to double check that I'm doing everything correctly!

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just in case someone would need it because the old link was broken.

New Demo Link :

falken14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just wondering if you have the set-up for using it in these dimensions
1280x720

As I plan to use another base project to bounce off to redesign the card game to suit another project, I plan to use bigger cards also and a bigger card back which is: 320x460 and the same dimensions for the actual cards instead. I can remake the health and stuff to be bigger etc, just want to know what set-up you have used :)
Sorry, but I already got rid of the plugin file I edited last year because I couldn't get the minigame working in my project, and it didn't look like any updates would be occurring. However, skimming back over the file, it's only a matter of fiddling with a few x/y numbers in the 'Fill window' sections of the file, and it didn't take too much trial and erro to figure out what each window is and the numbers to change. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
loopk wrote on Avery's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHFran44