Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello people! Hope you all are safe and healthy ^^
Today I bring news about a program that paints your line arts or sketches! It's called style2paints.
This is a very useful tool for people who can draw but can't paint or think coloring sketches is a time consuming job.
You can just use this to get immediate results with very less effort.
However, note that since it's generated by an AI, obviously the results won't be perfect.

Currently, the program has two usable versions, V3 and V4.
Example of V4:
1587185788615.jpeg
More here: https://github.com/lllyasviel/style2paints

Example of V3
007.jpg
se1.jpg
More + tutorial here: https://github.com/lllyasviel/style2paints/tree/master/V3

Example from me (I never used this before so my result image is... ugly. Used a random sketch of Ib I found on the internet. Don't know who drew this, but it's certainly not me):
v3:
1587141876992.png
v4:
ibv4.png

While it's easy to get results, you will have to fiddle around with it and learn how to get the best results. Each drawing style will give different results but I've come to understand that for the best results your drawing must be very clean, no unnecessary lines or scribbles and each part should be closed off. In the example here you see that the scarf around Ib's neck wasn't closed off properly at the right portion which resulted in the detached red portion in the result.

Downloads:
V3: https://github.com/lllyasviel/style2paints/issues/71
V4: https://github.com/lllyasviel/style2paints

And lastly, please keep in mind that this is just a way to make up for not being able to paint, for whatever reason. And I strongly encourage you to learn how to paint if you're not too good at it because an AI can't bring out the charm in the drawing like you can! ^^
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Willibab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You had me at inappropriate reference images, even tho there werent any :/ But with this tool....I can make my own muahahaha!

Hyouryuu-Na

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The developer gave a warning and told to be careful while viewing the page so I relayed that info here XD Yes, though it's not that serious, some people might find such stuff repulsive so it's better to mention beforehand no matter how trivial it is.

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmmmmmmm intersting hahahhahaha
I'll save and take a closer look later. Thank you \o\

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, this is pretty cool. Probably too cool because now I want to play with it.... But I really should be working on other stuff. :rswt

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hyouryuu-Na your link is to the older version, V3. And so are the instructions.
If you go to the folder this one is inside,
it has a google drive link to download the newest version to use offline, and all you need to do according to the instructions is double click it to open.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as an artist perspective
if you want that result better learn how to paint it's not that hard
I know... you will say
oh you could say you are an artist!
but it is really not hard and less time-consuming
when you already need to know the dot color to that result
you need to know where to place light shadow etc
that already half of the painting knowledge
then why not jump across that bridge to learn the paint tool itself

I think the hard part is the line art
that need more experience and creative to pull out

but don't misunderstood me
that is a great tool creating

Hyouryuu-Na

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@YoraeRasante Yes, there's a newer version. But trust me, I've tried it and it's not better than the older one (at least the editor isn't. I can't even see the points -_-). You can't place color anchors. Everything is slow and it takes ages to upload your sketch.
The only other function V4 has is that it gives a realistic effect by using light and shadow.

BUt I'll edit my post and tell about the newer version too, in case anyone wants to try it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you are trying to make progress in your game. But something is stopping your motivation. Like come on mind! Let me do what I want! :<
Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
Comedy is third person, tragedy is first person.
Man. A historic 130 year old church nearby had all of its windows broken out with bricks last night. Such a shame, it wasn't generic stained glass patterns either but had beautifully crafted murals depicting various parts of the gospels.
The Steam Summer Sale's been treating me nicely. Now if only game sales were always this good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DifficultyError