Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A rather gigantic lack, I find.
Allow subfolder detection.
To allow classify and sorting these resources in sub-folder for local dev.
Sans-titre-1.png
Why is this feature good?
This feature is great because of the following:

• Because I am a maniac of storage and digital sorting.
    And I do not think it's clean to work.
Possible issues with this feature?
Issues that might arise from this feature:

• Maybe yes and no?, if have the same name.png file in a subfolder.
    There will be some logic error not to do.
    Ideally, the subfolders will compile into 1 only if we compile and publish the final game.

Amy Pond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
I like the idea, though this can be done to some extent with plugins (for using images in other plugins, not in the game editor). It would be useful as sometimes I have a LOT of Pictures, and any image you use in an event will be a Picture after all.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The idea is great but not essential, there are ways to organize things without a subfolder.
I think it is a really good idea, but they may want to check against the max character limit on path (does this still occurs?). I'm not computer savvy, but got this one time, where the filepath was huge (C/longUSERNAME/ProgramFiles/longNameAPP/longnameFolder/longnameSubFolder/longfile hittinh a max limit - 255? - of characters)

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The idea is great but not essential, there are ways to organize things without a subfolder.
I think it is a really good idea, but they may want to check against the max character limit on path (does this still occurs?). I'm not computer savvy, but got this one time, where the filepath was huge (C/longUSERNAME/ProgramFiles/longNameAPP/longnameFolder/longnameSubFolder/longfile hittinh a max limit - 255? - of characters)
This is especially ideal for better managing windows environment.
Most of the software in the same category offers good management of sub-folder.
Ex: unity.
This makes it possible to be clean and professional in the realization of a project.

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yeah, I mean, it's easy enough to name your files differently. I usually do the 0 - Hero and 1 - Lighting thing, so that they're at the top of the list, easy to find and all within their own categories.
For example:
0 - Hero - Anette 1
0 - Hero - Fred 1
0 - Hero - Fred 2
1 - Items - Doodads 1
1 - Items - Doodads 2
3 - Doors 1
4 - NPCs - Rangers 1
4 - NPCs - Teacher
4 - NPCs - Zookeeper
5 - Animals - Duck

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I mean, it's easy enough to name your files differently. I usually do the 0 - Hero and 1 - Lighting thing, so that they're at the top of the list, easy to find and all within their own categories.
For example:
0 - Hero - Anette 1
0 - Hero - Fred 1
0 - Hero - Fred 2
1 - Items - Doodads 1
1 - Items - Doodads 2
3 - Doors 1
4 - NPCs - Rangers 1
4 - NPCs - Teacher
4 - NPCs - Zookeeper
5 - Animals - Duck
yes i do by my best to rename file name like category
menu_item_FilterPin-0....
menu_monster_Stats-barBG-2...
Menu_Quests_FilterRoundBG...
Slider-menue-small...
.............. ect
But a big management problem arises.

The developers of the RMMV software desire that their software become a reference in the matter.
In my opinion, it is necessary to meet the requirement of professionals, who have a fundamental notion in the (files,Folder) classification.
For my part, I have seen all the difficulties of management.
I work with windows, and I am accustomed to properly classify my files and folders.

Ideally it is not nessesary to do as for the famous software UNITY, but to offer a minimum of conform in the file,folder management would be welcome.
However, this is not for all the world, to work clean.

Personally,for me, it is a priority request but, it remains my opinion only, on my purchase of this software ..

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I like the idea, though this can be done to some extent with plugins (for using images in other plugins, not in the game editor). It would be useful as sometimes I have a LOT of Pictures, and any image you use in an event will be a Picture after all.
Plugins rely on a third person to commit to update their plugins, not everyone do that unfortunately so it's better that such a feature is implemented directly in the engine.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This feature would be so useful! I have like a gazillion pictures and it's such a pain to have to scroll down each time to try and find them... If the sub-folders won't work all displayed like that, even just an option to be able to pick & change a source folder so that you can keep everything organised would be really sweet :kaojoy: I hope this will be considered!

jbarros35

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
incredible after so many years they didn't find a solution yet for this. many of us are developing games with full use of paralaxes and they tend to be lots and lots of screens inside of one sigle folder, making a very complicated task organizing all of them.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In 5 years, I have saw no proposal made by customers to be fulfilled.
This section it just a big scam to pretend that the company listening their customers.
KADOKAWA also don't share source code of the software, so dev can't do the jobs.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought the code had been shared.

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought the code had been shared.
Easy to do in js+node, but the issue are from the software.
They integrate and use nwjs engine, but they don't use any features from the engine! do not understand!
nwjs integrate node and allow folders managing.

Also same thing about PixiJs engine, it uses the engine but like ~5% only of capacity .
Weird...

Last edited:

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Someone else seriously thinks that developers return to MV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.
The No Travel Game Jam is here! Jump in to make a game in the month of April that takes place all in one town!

Decided to take a stab at video editing.... Even made a clickbait screen. I'm so proud of my sellout ways. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stacyjast