LSDolphin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got plans for a character who uses a Substitute state to cover allies and then Counterattacks that substituted hit. The way MV handles Substitution by default doesn't give that option though and instead applies the damage directly to the Substitute character without giving them a chance to counter.

Now, I'm pretty sure I have to modify something in BattleManager.invokeNormalAction to fix this, but I'm still new to learning MV's backend structure and I'm not really sure where to go from here. My own fixes caused game crashes and I think I my approach is misaimed anyway, so I figured I would ask here.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using any plugins that this would need to be compatible with?

LSDolphin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, that would have been good information to include in the OP, my bad. OTL

The relevant plugins I'm using are YEP Battle Engine Core & YEP Counter Control. As far as I can tell, neither Battle Core or Counter Control actually modify invokeNormalAction, but there might be other compatibility issues I'm not accounting for.

LSDolphin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another attempted fix of mine failed so I'm bumping this. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...
Are ReSTAFFs a thing anymore? Just curious, not sure if this is thread-worthy, so just musing here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkfantacy55