LSDolphin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got plans for a character who uses a Substitute state to cover allies and then Counterattacks that substituted hit. The way MV handles Substitution by default doesn't give that option though and instead applies the damage directly to the Substitute character without giving them a chance to counter.

Now, I'm pretty sure I have to modify something in BattleManager.invokeNormalAction to fix this, but I'm still new to learning MV's backend structure and I'm not really sure where to go from here. My own fixes caused game crashes and I think I my approach is misaimed anyway, so I figured I would ask here.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using any plugins that this would need to be compatible with?

LSDolphin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, that would have been good information to include in the OP, my bad. OTL

The relevant plugins I'm using are YEP Battle Engine Core & YEP Counter Control. As far as I can tell, neither Battle Core or Counter Control actually modify invokeNormalAction, but there might be other compatibility issues I'm not accounting for.

LSDolphin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another attempted fix of mine failed so I'm bumping this. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AABS traps and heals (detail is below the YTB desc)
 I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.
Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.
It's satisfying to master the usage of a hard plugin, then making it do what you want. ( o w o)!!
I'll be redesigning some of the main characters from my many wip stories :kaohi:
gWBWMzT.jpg

Starting with the (chronologically) first of them, Cedric!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eysi