Substitute Switch for Self Switch in existing Script

Lodestone

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello. I am a complete noob who is trying to make a game that is far too ambitious for my own good.

I need a simple substitution in my script that I think should be an easy fix.

This is a vision script for my Enemy AI. When detected, it activates Switch 1.

I need it to activate the Event's selfswitch A. or B. I don't care really

just substitute switch 1 for selfswitch A

I would really appreciate the Help

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give a link to the site where you got that script from, and delete the script itself from your post - a lot of scripters don't want their scripts reposted, and we honor those wishes.

Additionally, most of the scripters around here will only modify other scripter's work if that scripter gave its OK, and for that it's better to read the terms-of-service on the original site/topic/post.

Second, what you're asking for is anything but simple, because you're forgetting a lot of details here.

The switch 1 is used as a general off/on-switch controlling all guards. Self-switches are event-dependent, so the question is which event's self-switch should control all guards?

And if you want to be able to turn off guards independently instead and that is the reason why you're asking, then the scripter needs to rewrite this script in a major way to implement that...

So please give more details as well.

Lodestone

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Please give a link to the site where you got that script from, and delete the script itself from your post - a lot of scripters don't want their scripts reposted, and we honor those wishes.

Additionally, most of the scripters around here will only modify other scripter's work if that scripter gave its OK, and for that it's better to read the terms-of-service on the original site/topic/post.

Second, what you're asking for is anything but simple, because you're forgetting a lot of details here.

The switch 1 is used as a general off/on-switch controlling all guards. Self-switches are event-dependent, so the question is which event's self-switch should control all guards?

And if you want to be able to turn off guards independently instead and that is the reason why you're asking, then the scripter needs to rewrite this script in a major way to implement that...

So please give more details as well.
Thanks Andar! Really didn't think about that. Really don't want to do anything without permission.

Keep doing a great job moderating

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stout